Do you agree that the map is great but the altars need to go?

Yes 240 44.20%
No 164 30.20%
Maybe, help change focus away from the altars 139 25.60%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Map is great, ALTARS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

the snowballing from alters are ridiculous. a change would be welcomed.

Notlad88

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloJello100 View Post
instead of two altars i think they need to make one altar in the middle of the map. that give the same 10% buff. and you can capture it every 5 mins. the buff can last for like 2 or 3 mins. with two altars that you can capture of defend every 90 seconds is to fast. you cant stay in lane and farm or anything. you either cap it walk to lane. and have to go to the other one to try and cap it. its stupid. also the speed shrine does nothing so it is pointless. they made it to much like dominion instead of a different game type all together.
Now i really like that idea..... would slow it down just a tad, take some of the focus off of the altar and back to lanes/pvp.....man we need everyone to hear that idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

10-25-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We'll be monitoring the altars very closely. There are some potential changes sitting around, but it's really quite to early to judge their impact.

Notlad88

10-25-2012

Thank you RiotNome, its good to know that some of this is actually being read and listened too, i really like the idea the MelloJello100 had in the post above yours....please keep us updated!!!!!!

Udyr Senpai

10-25-2012

Teemo shouldn't be allowed to place shrooms in the speed shrine!

Zerglinator

10-25-2012

They need counterplay to Altar capture...in Dominion, you're at least capable of stopping people from capturing your points.

WillWW

10-25-2012

Altar wasn't as big of a deal to me. I pretty much just kept csing and ganking. The other team would try to secure theirs and I would scare them off while my laners csed. Lol.

Oznap

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We'll be monitoring the altars very closely. There are some potential changes sitting around, but it's really quite to early to judge their impact.
Going head first into a match, one thing that bother me about alters is that I couldn't identify a timer or a indicator of when a alter (one has already capture) was recapture-able. I would look at the alter and it have no chain, however, enemies were able to cap it vs me and this generally confused me.

Notlad88

10-25-2012

bump ---- more ppl need to read and vote!!!!!!!!!!

Viral1

10-25-2012

imo,

I personally do not like level 1 fights, even in old TT. The alters should unlock later into the game(3:00~) for objectives.

I would also like to see the alters being locked longer, at least 2 minutes.

There's hardly any reason to stay in your lane to outfarm when the speed shrine promotes ganking far too early. Again, perhaps it the shrine should activate around (3:00~) to contest for objectives.

Oh and mages still need help in terms of items. The new bruiser items are ridiculous. Excluding Singed of course.

123456 ... 11