Do you agree that the map is great but the altars need to go?

Yes 240 44.20%
No 164 30.20%
Maybe, help change focus away from the altars 139 25.60%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Map is great, ALTARS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tahngarthor

10-26-2012

I think the altars ought to be enabled only now and then, along with a quest notification like the quests in dominion. I don't really like how you basically have to have a fight in the woods every single game start, and then the "winner" of that fight gets the altars. The gameplay needs to remain more true to standard dota style. These side objectives are a neat idea but i'd like to see their impact on the meta reduced.

Five Badgers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro LopeZz View Post
I agree with most of the posts on here. Hating the alters as its getting too much focus most ppl hardly cs but spend most of their time watching over/ babysitting the Alter. The buffs are too great. need to be more balance.

Also champs with traps, turrets, boxes, and shrooms are ridic as it give them too much control over the alters early game, with how the buff are right now its just too much of an advantage.
Cap one on either team its balanced Give one team both GG.
+4 gold
+10% Attack damage and Ability power for having both.
I say remove the buffs and add a new set
Maybe Movespeed adn mana helth regen

HayabusaZero

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloJello100 View Post
instead of two altars i think they need to make one altar in the middle of the map. that give the same 10% buff. and you can capture it every 5 mins. the buff can last for like 2 or 3 mins. with two altars that you can capture of defend every 90 seconds is to fast. you cant stay in lane and farm or anything. you either cap it walk to lane. and have to go to the other one to try and cap it. its stupid. also the speed shrine does nothing so it is pointless. they made it to much like dominion instead of a different game type all together.
^^ This.

I like this idea very much. Change the speed boost for a central altar that gives a 2-3 min buff and can be capture every 4-5 min. Change some of the current focus on the altar (which is a lot of the early game time) to the lanes but keep the threat that current altars provide.

EDIT: Also, this central altars shouldn't be available until 5 min into the game. I believe it is the best thing to do.

Bestieler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

the mid speed buff is to much, the altars arent the problem, babysitting teams dont grant you a victory, inteligent teams just secure the altars when it must be and try to protect it when been seized more minions still are importants and it should alaways be like that, but not all the champs are viable for this game, and some ones exel like nidalee, shaco, teemo, zyra etc

rlchardtoucher

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We'll be monitoring the altars very closely. There are some potential changes sitting around, but it's really quite to early to judge their impact.
Hi Nome. I've played several games on the new TT, and I think it's great. Thanks to your team for the hard work. Regarding the altars, I think they're a fun idea. But the 90-second increments are too short at the beginning of the game. Having that short of a time-span so early in the game is really disruptive to any "laning phase" on TT. I understand the point of this, presumably, is to force plenty of skirmishes and quick fights and quick games, but it's just too much, too early.

I feel like the increments should start longer (something like 180 seconds) and decrease throughout the game. That way you get, potentially, skirmishes and fights at level one or two over the altars, but then you have a window of time to farm and play before the next fight. As it is, if you fight and die or have to heal from the initial alter engagement, by the time you've healed or revived and bought and walked back to lane, it's nearly time for the second alter engagement. This puts an incredible amount of importance on having very early-game focused champs, which is going to mean the continued prevalence of bruisers with strong early game.

If you make the initial altar-respawn increments longer, it gives more squishy champions the chance to get to level six, where much of their power comes from (esp on mages), before they have to engage in continued team fights. I think this would make more champs playable on the map. Then, with decreasing time on the altar unlocks, it would force more and more team fights and skirmishes more frequently as the game continued, still achieving the fast pace the map is designed for.

IcyPRO Cry2UP

10-26-2012

Please, Do not remove those altars! I beg you...
They make game so much more alive. And they actually bring much more PVP to the game. I find myself going all around the map instead of just staying in one lane for the half of the game. Trust me, it's a great addition! Players just needs to get used to it...

Maybe you should keep old Twisted Treeline in custom mode for some old fans...

IcyPRO Cry2UP

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notlad88 View Post
let me just say this first....GET RID OF THE ALTARS AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... it makes it way too much like dominion, i know its a new feature but everyone is focused on the altars as apposed to the towers and nexus....i do like the idea of the altars but it puts more focus on them than actual pvp which is what (at least as far as im concerned) TT was all about...i am one of those hardcore 3v3 players and i loved the old TT....i love the make remake, the new jungle and neutral monsters.... but the altars just kill the 3v3 TT feel.... great job on the map though guys it looks fantastic and i love the new jungle layout.... keep up the good work im sure it will improve!!!!!
Also, I think it's stupid to put YOUR OPINION into the title of the thread and put bunch of "!" after it...