Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A thought on the new map.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lasie

10-25-2012

Ok here goes. the map looks amazing. and feels terrible. That being said i love the new map but these changes took away the fun of TT and made it a bland and boring 3v3 map. here is why.

There is no depth. all the intrcate routs and really the stragaty has been removed from the map. yes the new map focuses on scirmishes and less on teamwork.

2 the alters. I have said this before and i will say it again. they dont belong on the map. now that i have played the map the gameplay feels cluttered and forced. your not picking your battles. there is no codinated gameplay because its always a rush to get the capture points.

3.vthe jungle. Thisis something i like. Jungling is more like roming now and its needed for a good team comp. but the downside to this is

4. the map is too small. you took a map and gave us an updated 'half' map back. its fine except we need more room. right now it would be a better 2v2 map. and also i would like some sort of walls in the jungle so that there is some sort of intricacy to the map.

Jusr my thoughts for now

Nuker X

10-25-2012

ok, so there are 2 camps. Those that don't care and those that were big fans of the old TT.

I am somewhat new to the game, so here are my thoughts: the new TT is great. It's an improvement. But, I wasn't too familiar with the old TT.

but what I DID notice on the old TT is that the top jungle felt largely neglected. The bottom was where a lot of skirmishes happen and if u drop a ward in the middle of the mid-jungle you can see all incoming ganks.

the new TT has some good ganking opportunities. I think it brings a whole new style of gameplay. I, for one, love the map and it feels somehow, more "arena" like.

just my 2 cents

Rismart

10-25-2012

The problem with this map is that it doesnt feel like the old TT, I though Riot always inteended to keep the core and the essence of what they remake (like Kat Rework or Eve Rework that ended very well) but this is NOT TT.

Its a king of the hill game but in a 3 vs 3. the maps looks amazing but the gameplay and the jungle design is poor. The jungle is the only problem that I see on the new map, they replaced the other Buff for 2 altars that give some gold and good offensive stats if you have both

Riot shouldnt have put altars on the jungle and only left the Buff camps (Fixed not random) with some more walls and put a couple more of bushes also the fact you cant bring wards is also another failing on the map... You could have reduced the life time of the wards and put a limit on how much you can buy at the same time!

Really Riot I'm glad this is beta because you have a big mess to clean up.

Desocupado

10-25-2012

Quote:
Rismart:
Its a king of the hill game

Perfect description