My lil' review of the new TT: Wards and Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyreed

10-25-2012

First off, I gotta say that I love the new twisted treeline. Sure, it's not the same as the old one where the focus was often kill, kill, kill, get a tower 100-0, Ebonmaw, repeat. That's why I like it so much. It's focused more on controlling the map than blatantly pushing and dominating a lane.

Wards: I'm glad there are none. Previously, people would simply place one ward on red and one on Ebonmaw, making ganking completely obvious and dragoning easily spotted. I think the whole you-cant-see-meh thing adds an element that one would expect to get from a map modeled after a spooky forest kinda place.

Jungle: Plus now jungling is much more viable with an array of champions, as opposed to just ones like Warwick and Olaf like it used to be, and, in general, is a lot more fun, especially in the common case of both teams having a jungler. I recently played a game where we had Cho'gath as our jungler and the other team had a Lee Sin, one of the most dominant champions in the prior format of TT, and I was happy to see both were completely functional in the jungle, with neither one blatanlty outclassing the other.

All in all, I think it adds to the map's ambience and variety and makes it a nice change from Summoner's Rift and the Crystal Scar.

Just my opinions, what do y'all think?

P.S. I like how it forces people to have some kind of map awareness

Edit: And the new shopkeeper looks too cool

Haiida

10-27-2012

The new TT is a great map, the old one was very basic, now it's a different type of game, not like a 5's version but smaller. I do agree it takes more skill. You have to watch the map alot more and have alot of synergy with your team. All in all, i'm glad they made it

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiida View Post
The new TT is a great map, the old one was very basic, now it's a different type of game, not like a 5's version but smaller. I do agree it takes more skill. You have to watch the map alot more and have alot of synergy with your team. All in all, i'm glad they made it

The new map takes more skill???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That's The best laugh I have had in this fiasco.

Wow. The new map was specifically designed to appeal to players with almost no skill AT ALL.

Thanks for a good chuckle though.