New TT is horrible.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raging Inferno

10-25-2012

The TT map was supposed to be for same basic game play, but with less allies/opponents. Now, it's a completely different game style. It discorages pushing and laning because of the Arches, and the jungle is where all the team fights are now. They last longer due to this. Instead of pushing in lane and going for towers, people are going for the arches instead. The items are pretty crappy, and supports are useless. I like some changes, such as the widened area between Nexus and Jungle, but the rest is just stupid. I used to play 3v3s all the time, but now it too much like dominion. It's no longer about strategies and team fights, but more about who gets the arches and control of the jungle, no one cares about lanes.
BTW: I'm really good at them and win often, but it's just not nearly as fun anymore.

Honest AbeBROham

10-25-2012

i agree and i will no longer be playing any 3's

Yaknose

10-25-2012

Yeah, I tried out the new TT today, and I really don't like it. It's much more like Dominion. I liked playing TT because it was easier to get 3 people together than 5 if you're not premade, and it was just a nice change of pace. Now it's all about running around to altars and madness, and it felt more like run all over killing people, and after having gotten a lead/snowballing, then the nexus is an afterthought. To me, I don't see why I'd choose new TT over dominion, if I wanted to play that way.

Edit: Okay, having tried it a bit more, it isn't as bad as I thought, but it's still something almost entirely different than old TT. It's weird how you fight, and it can drag, and then all of a sudden, you take down everything from the inhibitor town in in one quick sequence.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

just ignore the altars and freefarm push your lane, yous hould only worry about it late into the game.

Raging Inferno

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaknose View Post
Yeah, I tried out the new TT today, and I really don't like it. It's much more like Dominion. I liked playing TT because it was easier to get 3 people together than 5 if you're not premade, and it was just a nice change of pace. Now it's all about running around to altars and madness, and it felt more like run all over killing people, and after having gotten a lead/snowballing, then the nexus is an afterthought. To me, I don't see why I'd choose new TT over dominion, if I wanted to play that way.
Completely agree ^

Raging Inferno

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
just ignore the altars and freefarm push your lane, yous hould only worry about it late into the game.
But then the other team grabs them and then they lane as well with a huge advantage.

Jake LH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Agreed, this isn't Twisted Treeline at all, only people who enjoy this update are SR players who rarely played TT, a very small amount of the TT community and new players coming into the game. What really bugs me is that riot asked for feedback on the map, they got feedback like this and they just ignored it.

Autorevolver

10-25-2012

Completely disagree and the new map has gotten me more interested in TT.

Raging Inferno

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Revolvers View Post
Completely disagree and the new map has gotten me more interested in TT.
You just proved Jake LH's statment

korozs

Recruiter

10-25-2012

i dont like it at all, the old twisted treeline you actually needed some co ordination now all you have to do is run in the middle and yeah, back to 5v5 for me