I think it's fun and all but... THE SNOWBALLING

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Summoner's rift is fun because if you fall behind a little bit it is possible to make a comeback at many stages in the game. There are a lot of resources to reap and teammates can enable you some extra gold and exp via assists. As long as the entire team isn't completely behind it is possible to comeback.

Dominion is interesting because of the passive gold+exp gains allowing for both teams to be challenged all the way through. Comebacks from 40 points ont he board vs 200 are actually pretty common and that is what keeps the game fun. It is rare to truly feel helpless when behind in Dominion.

But in the new Twisted Treeline it seems that if the enemy is 3 or 4 kills ahead early on, it is completely bewilderingly unfeasible to make any such great comebacks like the ones in Dominion or SR.

The snowballing is accentuated by the fact that the original viable comps (bruiser comps) not only kill harder but take way more hits as they level (as intended).

My concern is that while the game can be determined extremely early, it still needs to last until 15-20 minutes to conclude which is just utter misery.

I have a very small sample size for this analysis so if I'm wrong, please let me know of some games where you had some awesome comebacks.

If you agree, say so!

TLDR
Snowballing in TT is worse than ever and the game is decided far too early.

Ferrali

10-25-2012

Agreed!

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I mean I love the items and the need for clutch counterplay and smart picks as well as good jungling pace and lane attendance but somehow the early mistake punishment is too high.

Bigjlee2

10-25-2012

Not Ture I just came back from a 25 to 4 game its all on team work and the ability to make the agressive moves when you can and they opened this up to all i mean teemo ap or ad shuts the map down a good adc can easily come back its a matter of skill not map thats the problem

Mattmasher

10-25-2012

I know what you're saying. First game in TT we lost by almost 50 kills and most of that was in the first 15 mins. Second game was quite the opposite, winning with around 35 or 40 kills more than the other team.

Logibro

10-25-2012

My first game of the remake I was able to snowball as Darius far harder than I was normally able to on the old map. It feels like I was rewarded too well too early in the form of game-control through my damage. I was able to simply steam-roll the other team because of how hard I snowballed and how quickly.

Para

10-25-2012

I just lost a game where my team had control of the map and vile but a messed up team fight meant end of the game for us.

Resilga

10-25-2012

I just now had a comeback that I did not expect.

Morde, Riven, Xin losing early (badly, by about 9 kills or more) to
Darius, Shyvana, Rengar.

Eventually we started coordinating positioning and enabling me (morde) to get a ghost quickly and each fight after that went in our favor. We had a much, much better lategame than they did.

So I guess team composition will factor in considerably how well you can handle the snowballing either way.

I just don't see any new comps coming from this mode though. Old TT comps seem to trump still despite the inclusion of some AP items.

Takran

10-25-2012

this is true. I've only had a few games, but every single one had one team with a 6-7 level advantage on the other before the 10 minute mark.

Resilga

10-25-2012

bump so more topics like this can remain here.