New TT is fun

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
It's not even close to the original game play.

The only thing similar is that is 2 lanes, 3 v 3 kill the nexus, otherwise it's completely different.

If these changes were dropped on the SR map and the current one discarded LoL would die.

That said, I like some of the things about the new map. Just don't confuse it as Twisted Treeline that is like saying Checkers is the Same as Chess.
They added altars and took away wards. There's still a jungle, just in a more accessable location. Still a boss monster. The objective is still the same. There's a speed buff, just on a particular spot instead of a camp. So there are two major changes, they added a different map objective for a buff, and they took away some sight.

What other changes are you talking about? The two maps aren't THAT different. The difference isn't checkers and chess, it's checkers and Chinese checkers. Very similar play, same goal, but different strategies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
It's not even close to the original game play.

The only thing similar is that is 2 lanes, 3 v 3 kill the nexus, otherwise it's completely different.

If these changes were dropped on the SR map and the current one discarded LoL would die.

That said, I like some of the things about the new map. Just don't confuse it as Twisted Treeline that is like saying [B[Checkers is the Same as Chess[./B]
But you ar eth eone's reacting like the statement on the bolded commenary
New TT= Dominion is the same stupid comparison you try to exemplify with the commentary i bolded.,
Honestly in the new TT you can just ignore the altars, they are means to an end, ignoring a cap point in Dominion is just throwing the game, and the gameplays are tremendously different.

Honestly iff we're going kneejerk reactiona bout x=y then
summonner's rift= New TT= old TT= proving grounds = Dominion, why? because all of them have the same goal and that goal is to win the game/match.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilight Monkey

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjnoun View Post
I don't get why you all hate it.

The map design is more balanced the original and the only argument I have seen against it so far is CAUSE DOMINION.
If that is all you see, you have missed all the older post we structured and put effort into.
I dont' like this map for a score of reasons but I understand some do, but we are bitter.

We had a map forced down on us and we dont like it. It was forced despite our arguments, polls and suggestion to keep both maps so that everyone can be happy.

How can we not be angry?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilight Monkey

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjnoun View Post
90 percent of the anti new TT posts are this, reactionary posts from morons who fear change. I have seen very little well reasoned arguments for why this map sucks.
Force yourself to look, they have been plenty


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Thanks for your post.

Honestly, its not even close to the same Experience SI is further away from TT than TT is from SR.

but w/e man if people like it, fine, they can play it. Just give me my old TT back, I live with its flaws. Really and I swear i'll never ask it to be "tweaked" again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
They added altars and took away wards. There's still a jungle, just in a more accessable location. Still a boss monster. The objective is still the same. There's a speed buff, just on a particular spot instead of a camp. So there are two major changes, they added a different map objective for a buff, and they took away some sight.

What other changes are you talking about? The two maps aren't THAT different. The difference isn't checkers and chess, it's checkers and Chinese checkers. Very similar play, same goal, but different strategies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raikaen

Junior Member

10-26-2012

I like the new version of Twisted Treeline but I'm not gonna lie, I will miss the old version very much. They added altars to the game but I don't think they are that big of a deal. Holding one doesn't do that much for you and managing to capture the 2nd gives you a small buff which will most likely be taken away 90 seconds later when the altar on their side of the map unlocks again, so in my opinion they can be virtually ignored for the most part.

I haven't played the new map too much but from what I have I enjoy the changes they've made, but I wouldn't be opposed to keeping this one and also bringing back the old TT. It had it's flaws but it was still a great map in my opinion and a lot of fun to play on


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetical View Post
Haven't played it enough to get a good feeling for it yet, but in the last game we spent the first 15 minutes playing "cap the altars" until my team suddenly remembered there were towers. I think the map might be ok once we all get used to it, but the altars might draw too much attention to themselves.

I wonder if they shouldn't unlock after 3 or 5 minutes instead of almost immediately.
The worst thing about the current altar unlock time is that it's long enough that you have to sit around doing nothing, and it's short enough that it's in your best interest to stick around to make sure you get at least your altar. I agree that it would probably be a lot better if they didn't unlock until later, maybe like 10 minutes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bassmann

Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas500 View Post
This map blows......the players have spoken...look at the threads, its **** and noone likes it.
Thats because most people only come to the board complain... most people are busy enjoying the new map


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikaen View Post
I like the new version of Twisted Treeline but I'm not gonna lie, I will miss the old version very much. They added altars to the game but I don't think they are that big of a deal. Holding one doesn't do that much for you and managing to capture the 2nd gives you a small buff which will most likely be taken away 90 seconds later when the altar on their side of the map unlocks again, so in my opinion they can be virtually ignored for the most part.

I haven't played the new map too much but from what I have I enjoy the changes they've made, but I wouldn't be opposed to keeping this one and also bringing back the old TT. It had it's flaws but it was still a great map in my opinion and a lot of fun to play on
You're wrong, the double altar buff is a big deal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destraega

Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto101 View Post
People see "capture points" and automatically decide "I don't like it, its dominion" when there is a key difference between capturing points that give buffs and capturing points to win a game.

Its like saying that old TT was the same as SR because it had a neutral dragon.
You sir.. need to check yo-self.


123