Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No Wards? Wtf kind of idea was that.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoblinClock

10-25-2012

SO i played a game against malz..... bushed camped all game. Made me realize that any champ with a gimic is going to be retarded op with no wards. Rape bushes everywhere..... that's all i am saying.

Koukin96

10-25-2012

who needs wards when you can buy an item that works like Ashes hawkshot.

OSAMA BlN LADEN

Master Recruiter

10-25-2012

its cause they reduced the map size by so much... almost by half, wards would be OP. I think it was a smart move. Think about it, one ward on an altar would give sight to 2 camps and the altar itself...

Zexxxon

10-25-2012

Shaco boxes are way more OP than Malz in a bush.

Avisto

10-25-2012

Quote:
√Črnest:
its cause they reduced the map size by so much... almost by half, wards would be OP. I think it was a smart move. Think about it, one ward on an altar would give sight to 2 camps and the altar itself...

Wouldn't it have made sense to just proportionally reduce their sight range?

Scimatth7

10-25-2012

Quote:
√Črnest:

So? Make map specific wards with shorter ranges. Fixed.

OMG Munchies

10-25-2012

Quote:
GoblinClock:
SO i played a game against malz..... bushed camped all game. Made me realize that any champ with a gimic is going to be retarded op with no wards. Rape bushes everywhere..... that's all i am saying.

The map size is far too small for wards to be used as they would give such a large area of sight as the map is incredibly open in the middle. You would honestly only need about two wards to effectively ward the entire center of the map so ganks would be virtually impossible. Personally, I enjoy the lack of wards because it forces players to be much more aware as a whole; it rewards intelligent players.

As far as Malzahar bush camping goes, so what? If he wants to camp in a bush all game, not push his lane or even farm properly, then let him sit in a bush the whole game and fall behind. Simply refusing to address him is a quick fix. Or, instead of face checking every bush in the map you could AoE or skill shot the bush to flush him out, OR, as someone else suggested earlier, you could buy the TT version of Wriggles which only has a 1 minute cool-down anyways.

tl;dr

No wards force situational awareness and team communication which is great for skilled/intelligent players who communicate. Bush camping isn't an issue as long as you learn to play against it. Don't QQ so hard about one champion murdering you when you give him every incentive to by playing by his rules of engagement.