How to be an honorable Dominion player!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dienovv

10-25-2012

"Oh my gosh! I want one of those ribbons!"

Oh you do? Well that's easy! All you have to do is be an honorable player!

"But how?! How do I get people to honor me?!?!"

Oh it's simple! Sort of...

There are a few things to consider when trying to be the good guy.

Let me start off with attitude. Going into a game positive is good, but the simple "glhf!" (good luck have fun) often raises moral for everyone. Not trash talking is also excellent, unless that's how people enjoy their game, then by all means, go ahead . It's called being friendly

Next to consider is being helpful. When someone isn't doing what is desired, the first action many take is to scream, yell, and complain about said teammate. But, there's a smoother, much cleaner route to take. A simple word, advice, can go a long ways. If you made a typo, and someone killed your dog because of it, you'd be kind of upset, right? Well, maybe that's a bit extreme, but you catch my drift.

But most importantly is teamwork. It's a team game. There's no "i" in team unless you spell it like me: teime. I joke. Capturing turrets, calling for ganks, controlling the jungle, they're all a part of the game. Coordinate appropriately and you shouldn't have a problem.

"But that's only for my team! What about the opposing team?"

Well, well! Someone wants to please everyone! You little **e. Jokes, again. This is easy. While you may want to play your favorite champion, you have to consider the following:
- Is this a scumbag pick?
Champions like (as of 10/25/2012) Kassadin, Jayce, and Scyther are very very godlike picks. But, for the other team, it just ruins the game. With that, they probably won't honor you. Actually, they probably won't even consider it. All you have to do is avoid the OPs every game and people won't hate your guts (like me! )
- Is announcing the lack of talent of an enemy player a good idea?
Only if it's beneficial to their improvement should you ever douch-ify the all-chat.
- Is this comment going to make it seem like I'm trolling?
Would you want someone saying that to you? Golden rule, son. sun. sion. get to the choppa.

As a final note:
*Don't afk.
*Don't quit game.
*Don't troll pick / instalock.
*Don't show pictures of your trophy wife.
*Have fun!

Only YOU can make this community a better place. Dominion Ranked 2013.
Take care!

FDru

10-25-2012

Step 1: do not be me
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Honor

FOODFOOD

10-25-2012

I've found the two most successful ways to achieve honor in Dominion are:

-Go bot. If you're friendly, you'll make friends with the opposing bot lane. Sometimes the lane is super even, too, and you're almost for-sure going to get an Honorable Opponent.

-Play Blitzcrank. You'll either get lots of Teamworks or lots of Honorable Opponents, depending on whether you grabbed their carry or their tank.

Malah

10-25-2012

You want a ribbon?

Play the game. People spam Honorable Opponent. You'll pick one up soon.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

The best way to get honor is to play goofy champions bot....

Bot lane leblanc? 4 honor!

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
The best way to get honor is to play goofy champions bot....

Bot lane leblanc? 4 honor!
Hey now, I played Leblanc bot vs a heim and utterly crushed him. So based on my anecdotal evidence, LB bot is OP.

Also, just don't be a dick and get honors that way.

brownbruiser

10-25-2012

there is no i in team but there is the word "me"

konfetarius

10-25-2012

Play Kassadin, of course.

A12MO12

10-25-2012

don't be a jellyneck

Infirc

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Step 1: do not be me
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Honor

I'd Vote for this guy for president, may not be the sweetest person but at least has a Sense of justice.