DARIUS OP (And 1st thoughts on new TT)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treefolk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

LIKE OMG DRAVEN STOP EXECUTING ALL OF MY KILLS! QQ RAGE!

Now that I've got your attention, the TT meta hasn't really appeared to have shifted positively. Bruisers got some love with new items and less complex terrain while everyone else (mostly) got the cold shoulder. New AP items are really cute, but when I can just grab a Force of Nature and continue to go to town, the situation is really just the same.
-Bruiser Meta best Meta (and hasn't changed)

Looking at the map itself, it's tiny! The speed buff is rather awkward to run across and it takes more time to run to it and then into lane then it takes to run into lane. The decay on the buff helps contribute to it's relative uselessness. With the elimination of most of the bushes and walls in the mid chunk of the map, there's a large loss of complexity and possible routes the old map possessed.
-Tiny Map is tiny.

Shrines. Cool idea, I like king of the hill, and I believe that shifting the buffs from mobs to shrines was a good idea. That being said, the 90 second lockout is just a feelbad downer. There's no counter play of actually having to guard a recently captured point, favoring hit n run tactics. Part of the issue here is the tiny circle of vision the shrine provides (it's difficult to respond in time to actually effect any sort of defense). I think a step backwards towards Dominion style buffs (the Relic Stormshield) would be more appropriate in this case. By enabling the same sort of capture mechanic, it's enables better counter play around the buffs without changing them too much (see below for possible mechanic changes/etc).
-King of the Hill shrines are anti-fun at this moment.

Lack of bushes. At first, I was like "cool, no bushes means I can see everything." Yet as an unintended consequence, there's no real opportunity for ambushes or "patient teemo" play (Patient Teemo is that Teemo that sits on a shroom and waits for a squishy to nuke down). It really feels as if much of the tactics and strategy as been sapped out of the map with the size reduction and elimination of the majority of bushes (topside is especially guilty of this, there's is NO REASON to go top unless you're dunking the spiderboss. None.
-I like my maps bushy.

New items. Items are items. Morello appears to be on a "if it's broke, throw items at it." I'm not complaining, but it's also just itemization, not too interesting.
-Zzzz items.

Lack of wards. Goes hand in hand with lack of bushes. There isn't really a reason to buy wards on this current iteration (value of Teemo stock just skyrocketed). Watching the mimimap and making sure you don't overextend eliminates all gank risk (again, map has been shrunk, its like laning mid, skitter behind your tower!).
-Map awareness still king.

Jungle. The new jungle is excellent, good gold income, lack of buffs is somewhat disappointing (less to contest/fight over). It's also quite bland (see bushes/tiny map above).
-Stepped in the right direction, then got run over by other factors.

WALLS! These are good and bad. The new walls in the base/lack of choke walls about the inhibitors are fantastic, less turtle = better game. However the thickening of the top wall to prevent sneaking into those toplane bushes is extremely disappointing. Sure there are new gaps to walk through, but the element of surprise gank from those bushes in a WTF moment was just wonderful.Thicker base wall to prevent backdoor is w/e to me but probably a negative overall as it eliminates a strategy that is sometimes useful.
-Wall construction needs to have an approved 173.J work order form before construction.

Overall I don't care for this new map. The game time hasn't shortened and the action hasn't really picked up any. The meta still favors bruisers and the lack of cover/walls equates to Bruisers having a field day chasing. Shrines encourage capture-->flee/farm rather then intense fights over top of them.

SUGGESTIONS:
Speed shrine:
Buff doesn't decay/ 75% current duration. Or split into two separate shrines where the current "team buff" shrines are.

Team Buff shrines:
1) Change to Dominion style point (channel/capture with owned/nuetral/enemy states), increase vision/ relocate to where current speed shrine is. Remove lockout, change buff to encourage fights (armor/MR, damage/AP, etc).
2) Eliminate lockout, reverse buffs (1 owned = damage buff, 2 owned = +gold on kill).
3) Eliminate lockout, reverse buffs, swap farming buff for +damage to towers.

Bushes:
Add more bushes, add a few more walls back to encourage bush wookie-ing/wall hacks.

Walls:
Stretch top lane wall to be closer to what it was, thin it down to enable flashing over it.

Bruiser Meta best Meta:
Play Darius, no problem.

Oh yes, the last thing I meant to address:
The players starts a level 1 with 825 gold. This more then anything encourages farming. GP/5-->farm. To encourage action, start the player at level 2 or 3 with enough money to snag boots + dorans (which incidentally is 825 gold). Being able to combo onto people will encourage action, not safe plays.

OXYCLEAN WORKS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Noxians... I hate those guys.

Treefolk

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OXYCLEAN WORKS View Post
Noxians... I hate those guys.
Sir, I believe you need a map back to the General Board museums!

CCC Reneval

10-25-2012

riot need change darius or he dont gain move speed or change his ultim true dmg is so op and refresh this ****, he cant stop to use it -.-

Treefolk

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC Reneval View Post
riot need change darius or he dont gain move speed or change his ultim true dmg is so op and refresh this ****, he cant stop to use it -.-
Good sir, the QQ/Rage over Darius in this thread is just in jest to differentiate the "first impressions" title from all the others. There are numerous "DARIUS OP" threads on the General Board for that sort of thing

Treefolk

10-25-2012

Bumpz