Coop vs AI on TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tahngarthor

10-25-2012

The recent news post implied to me that TT would be available in Coop vs AI mode- but it's not there. Is this going to be turned on at some point or am I misreading the news?

Prandine

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahngarthor View Post
The recent news post implied to me that TT would be available in Coop vs AI mode- but it's not there. Is this going to be turned on at some point or am I misreading the news?
Right now the severs are pretty high in demand. Below is the message you currently get when trying play a custom bot game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error
Unable to add more bots to this custom game. Due to high server demand, custom games temporarily require a minimum of 6 players.

Tahngarthor

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prandine View Post
Right now the severs are pretty high in demand. Below is the message you currently get when trying play a custom bot game.
Thanks, but that's custom games. I'm specifically referring to "Co-op vs AI" mode.

Are you trying to say that coop is not showing up for the same reason bots can't be added in custom? because there are only 5 players in a summoner's rift coop game- shouldn't it be disabled too if that were the case?

Schwaka0

10-25-2012

Bots are disabled for custom games as well, guessing the bots aren't quite finished?

Quote:
Thanks, but that's custom games. I'm specifically referring to "Co-op vs AI" mode.
They probably use the same bot script for both, so it would make sense that if one isn't working, neither is the other.

Tahngarthor

10-25-2012

Check my edit- It's not a matter of support, the bots are temprarily disabled on *custom games* due to high server load. If this were the reason the option didn't show in Co-op Vs AI, then Summoner's Rift wouldn't be available either, because there can only be 5 players in such a game.

Schwaka0

10-25-2012

Quote:
Check my edit- It's not a matter of support, the bots are temprarily disabled on *custom games* due to high server load. If this were the reason the option didn't show in Co-op Vs AI, then Summoner's Rift wouldn't be available either, because there can only be 5 players in such a game.
Yeah but it's only TT that is affected. Being a newer map, I figured they haven't worked the kinks out of the bots for it yet. The bot scripts for SR and TT are probably different scripts or at least have their own sections in one big bot script. Since nothing changed on SR, those bots will continue to be the same.

Tahngarthor

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifacto View Post
Yeah but it's only TT that is affected. Being a newer map, I figured they haven't worked the kinks out of the bots for it yet. The bot scripts for SR and TT are probably different scripts or at least have their own sections in one big bot script. Since nothing changed on SR, those bots will continue to be the same.
You don't seem to understand... the bots are only disabled to thin out the number of Custom Games being created, to keep the server load under control. It's not about the bots being buggy or needing the kinks worked out. What this doesn't explain, is why the map isn't available under COOP VS AI like the news states.

XFactor Xeno3

10-25-2012

as long as we get CoOp was AI for TT finally i'm happy been waiting for it forever, and if we can get every champion as a bot at one point thne I'll be completly satisfied, was overjoyed to see some bots use custom skins