Erasing tank items but adding tank killer items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gods shortbus

10-25-2012

While I realize the need for items to take on tanks with only 3 champs (instead of intended 5 on summoners rift), I believe riot has proposed quite a few new items, too many in my opinion, especially if they are taking some of the tanky items out as they previously stated. So not only are they making squishies able to take on tanks, they are taking items that make champions tanks in the first place. They are double nerfing tanks.

I won't hold judgement before I try it but it seems to me they are: DOUBLE NERFING TANKS.

Not happy about it.

sungkwon

10-25-2012

I think you mean bruisers. And Old TT was dominated by good bruisers (Mundo, Sion, Jax, etc). There is some worry that they'll make up the new TT metagame with just tons of bruisers. By removing some tankiness items and giving tank-killer items, they're countering the issue of having a team of Darius/Hecarim/Jax being prevalent all the time.

Ijaacebo

10-25-2012

You stole my thought.

They destroyed TT, bulldozed the trees, walls and natural landscapes and installed a carry mall on top of it. Tanks banned, don't want to damage the area anymore.

gods shortbus

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungkwon View Post
I think you mean bruisers. And Old TT was dominated by good bruisers (Mundo, Sion, Jax, etc). There is some worry that they'll make up the new TT metagame with just tons of bruisers. By removing some tankiness items and giving tank-killer items, they're countering the issue of having a team of Darius/Hecarim/Jax being prevalent all the time.
But why do both? either get rid of tankier items, OR add tank-killer items. To do both seems overkill.

And on a side note, that team could be easily countered with CC lol idk what you are talking about with them as an example. Kayle, for instance, could take two of them on (one being darius XD)

I would have a said a team like Malphite, Galio, (any ranged AD Carry)

Shacô Bot

10-25-2012

tankiness needs a counter that isn't a fully built adc with last whisper.

Btw the tank killer items don't start gibbing tanks like LW does, it just makes them remotely killable which is necessary because a bruiser that is almost unkillable but has enough damage to kill you is just annoying to face.

sungkwon

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods shortbus View Post
But why do both? either get rid of tankier items, OR add tank-killer items. To do both seems overkill.

And on a side note, that team could be easily countered with CC lol idk what you are talking about with them as an example. Kayle, for instance, could take two of them on (one being darius XD)

I would have a said a team like Malphite, Galio, (any ranged AD Carry)
Sorry I just picked 3 bruisers that came to mind that had some CC for teamfights.

By removing both tanking items AND adding tank killer items makes there be less incentive to build tanky, and instead build some form of damage instead. Team fights will be that much more decisive and quick, and carry into an overall faster match time. Just my thinking, at least, to Riot's reasoning.

gods shortbus

10-25-2012

Ah ok, They are trying to steer TT away from Tanks?