Supports viable in TT2?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venova

10-25-2012

I dominated with Lux, but she's more of an ap midder then a support. I tried Lulu and I had some success but, just too squishy against the likes of xin zhao and lee sin. I stopped playing TTC because of this, I was able to play supports in TT at my low levels when I was newer to the game because most people just didn't buy supports, couldn't afford the strong bruisers etc, and having a support could be very strong in the old TT (at least when i was new). Now though, I think it may be even worse for supports because they move slower usually (especially Lulu), and theres a speed buff pad so enemies can get to her faster if she does manage to get a kill or alter or something. And, worst of all, with no wards, she has no protection at all, anyone can just come popping out of a bush and she is absolutely dead unless she wasn't slowed by their initiate, then she may be able to escape with flash + shurelias + whimsy. I suspect other true supports will suffer the same problems, though off supports like Leona, Nunu, Alistar, would probably fare very well, given their strong tankyness and initiating cc vs protective cc. There needs to be some items that would help supports be viable and not just free kills for the tanky high damage bruisers that teams typically have on TT in general. Sure if my team came I was able to survive and be okay, but even with ap runes and masteries, they just had too much hp, even with teammates - and this was at level 1.

I hope some things can be done to help a bottom lane support be viable on TT2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

10-25-2012

Most AoE based mages will be weaker in new TT, single target and DoT mages will be stronger. Supports will likely be viable as there are only 2 strong forms of income and you can protect a mage/ADC from the otherwise completely unsafe lane, as it's literally impossible to be in exp range without overextending.