LOVE the new map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhinotaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

It offers much different game play than both SR and Dominion. I like the non stop action, the altars, and the new boss. Great job riot!!!

One suggestion... currently it feels like tanky/bruiser type champions are the only ones viable on this map. Now this may be due to me not understanding builds, seeing the wrong champions, or just being naive but its my impression so far. What does everyone else think?

CyanShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I think there is too much emphasis on the bruisers because if you dont have a high damage tanky team you can't maintain control of the alters.

Soup4

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinotaur View Post
It offers much different game play than both SR and Dominion. I like the non stop action, the altars, and the new boss. Great job riot!!!

One suggestion... currently it feels like tanky/bruiser type champions are the only ones viable on this map. Now this may be due to me not understanding builds, seeing the wrong champions, or just being naive but its my impression so far. What does everyone else think?
Yes so much different from dominion. You realize right after you typed that, you listed two things that this new map and dominion have in common.

Boagster

10-25-2012

Soup4, I don't know how you can compare the new Twisted Treeline altars to the Dominion capture points. The Dominion capture points are the main objective, something the teams MUST try to capture or defend if they want to win. The new Twisted Treeline altars are secondary objectives that greatly increase your teams chance of winning, but are neither the goal nor a necessity to squeek out a win. It doesn't mean you should ignore them, but being good at altar management while poor at taking/defending turrets should still result in your defeat (which, as anecdotal evidence, happened in my second game).

ahobo19

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
Soup4, I don't know how you can compare the new Twisted Treeline altars to the Dominion capture points. The Dominion capture points are the main objective, something the teams MUST try to capture or defend if they want to win. The new Twisted Treeline altars are secondary objectives that greatly increase your teams chance of winning, but are neither the goal nor a necessity to squeek out a win. It doesn't mean you should ignore them, but being good at altar management while poor at taking/defending turrets should still result in your defeat (which, as anecdotal evidence, happened in my second game).
the problem is teams are spending almost no time in lane and just fighting over the shrines also the wriggle replacement is nice but i feel like you have one on your team with the lack of wards that being said the new map isn't fair with wards so idk