Should spectating games allow you to see the game mode prior to loading the game?

Yes! 17 94.44%
No! 0 0%
I don't care what mode the game is, I just want to watch something. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: SPECTATE GAME: Should it show what game mode is being played before joining?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

I'm not sure if there is a reason for this, or if anyone has made a post, but it's finally starting to drive me nuts!

I'm tired of clicking spectate game hesitantly because of the fact I have to wait for my game to load to potentially find out it is not the game mode I thought/hoped it was. So many times have I looked at a team comp and thought "Hmm, interesting, I need to see how this is playing out!" and then have the game load to see it was in a different mode - lately I have been using odd looking team comps to determine if it's Dominion or SR and then not joining just because of that.

I think this is an important option for spectating games, and I really don't understand why we can't see this in the first place.

Ex: Expecting SR and joining a Dominion, or vice versa.

Please vote on my poll if you think it should be kept as is. If you think this current system is good please explain why, because I see no reason to make people wait for the game to load to find out it is a mode they don't even play or care to watch. I don't have a slow computer or anything, but I can completely understand why this would be really annoying for people in that situation. As for me personally, I don't like wasting time for something that would take me fraction of a second to decide if one word was given as a hint - especially for something as casual as spectating games.

Side note: In case anyone was wondering, I don't hate Dominion at all. I don't play it as much lately, but I prefer watching SR over Dominion while spectating for personal entertainment reasons. And I'm sure people who like to spectate Dominion find this frustrating as well.

Might take me a sec to get the poll started, sorry about that!

Thanks everyone! :]

This too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraknoss View Post
+1 Would also like to suggest the ability to opt out of certain game types in the recommended watch now box. Frankly I only spectate ranked SR matches so the ability to remove Normal and Dominion from popping up would increase the amount I actually use it.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

B0mp!

Rathour

11-28-2012

There is a way to tell. Dominion matches and SR matches have different background pictures depending on what map it is. Dominion has a few buildings and SR has trees.

Also, unless Ranked games are down, Dominion matches are often "Normal" and SR matches are often "Ranked"

Enviously

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathour View Post
There is a way to tell. Dominion matches and SR matches have different background pictures depending on what map it is. Dominion has a few buildings and SR has trees.

Also, unless Ranked games are down, Dominion matches are often "Normal" and SR matches are often "Ranked"
This is good info.

I think it's really good that it's already done, but it's still not something that'll be noticed by everyone. No harm in making it clearer IMO. :P

Rathour

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviously View Post
This is good info.

I think it's really good that it's already done, but it's still not something that'll be noticed by everyone. No harm in making it clearer IMO. :P
I do agree with this.
Instead of just the "Normal" tag in the corner they should have a "Dominion" tag as well.

Cyraknoss

11-28-2012

+1 Would also like to suggest the ability to opt out of certain game types in the recommended watch now box. Frankly I only spectate ranked SR matches so the ability to remove Normal and Dominion from popping up would increase the amount I actually use it.

Fenstick

11-28-2012

I've thought about this same thing. It's annoying to have to sit through the load screen when they all have Revive and know that you're gonna have to quit right when you get into the game.

A checklist of matches you'd like to spectate would be great, could have Proving Grounds listed as well, since spec'ing ARAMs is enjoyable too.

teh d wreck

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviously View Post
This is good info.

Yeah, it would be nice if there was text or something more to indicate the game mode. I hadn't even realized the display the poster above you said.

Ringo Mandingo

11-28-2012

yes, i dont know why it doesnt

teh d wreck

11-29-2012

Bump!