Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BobOfGoo

10-25-2012

makes things a little more exciting gj

ShadowPraxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAmbiTurner View Post
I would really like some examples of borderline cases. When I am reviewing a case, I sometimes find it hard to tell if I should punish. For example, if someone has one outburst but was provoked by someone far worse. What if they swear once, but for emphasis as opposed to AT someone?
You have to use your own judgement, really. However, if in doubt, you can always hit Skip and go on to the next case. I often do that on ones I feel borderline about, but don't feel entirely comfortable pardoning.

In the examples you cited, in the first instance I would probably pardon (unless their one outburst contained racist/homophobic hate speech - I ALWAYS autopunish even ONE instance of those, myself). The later, I would never punish.

Ranigad

10-25-2012

My immediate complaint would be the font change. I personally don't like how what the summoners say are now italicized and in quotations. I liked it better when it was just regular font. Also, i like to use quotations to quote summoners from inside the game and having quotations inside the quotations just.... Anyways, that's just my personal preference. Thanks for working hard to improve our gameplay experience!

Primanocte

10-25-2012

And I still won't bother with Tribunal. Waste of time and it is ineffective at its intended purpose.

DoozleDorf

10-25-2012

Yes!! Thank you!!

REGBE

10-25-2012

If someone is reported for AFK, what should I do if they say absolutely nothing in chat and only go like 0/3 and is about the same level of everyone else...I just skipped those, but is there going to be a way to tell in the future?

Daen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo 2 Strong View Post
does this mean people who have been banned in the past are now reset again?
Your name is awesome.

I would be reeeeally surprised if people who'd been banned in the past would be reset with this Tribunal change, I think it's just saying that people's "Tribunal ELO" so to speak got reset to 1200. Resetting all those banned people would be completely going back on what the Tribunal's actually here for, it seems.

ItzMattu

Technical Analyst

10-25-2012
6 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Just tell us what is acceptable and not acceptable when it comes to chatting in games. Cause right now saying stupid is unacceptable as well as troll and moron.

The summoner's code isn't specific and I need specific examples of what is or is not against the summoner's code. Cause getting responses from player support like this

Doesn't actually help people reform or know what they can and cannot say to ensure they got get banned next time. I need hard laws to understand the summoner's code.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/faq/

See #7

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Awesome. <3

tempnameA461

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPraxis View Post
The rule is "Act like a decent human being" - if you need "hard laws" to explain to you what that means, then your parents didn't do a very good job of raising you.
That has to be the single greatest stupid argument I've ever read.
Screw all those orphans.