Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swapling

10-27-2012

i hope i dont get banned i have over 200$ in this game >< welp time to unplug keyboard so i dont saying anything in chat so i wont get bann >>

TheWildHamBeast

10-27-2012

I was just wondering if the Justice Rating is going to be embedded somewhere into your profile in the future?

I understand the Hall of Justice will be opening up soon, but will there be recognition of your rank in-game?

Thanks for this feature by the way, nice job team!

clyde2586

10-27-2012

One should not be afraid of being reported. If you guys have voted at the tribunal you guys will know that it shows your stats and items at the end of the game. Even if you died several times it will clearly show how you played the game. You can be reported but never punished. Just make sure you dont make the game toxic or hard for your team and your opponents.

Just my 2 cents

Nitsew

10-28-2012

Is there a policy that will reverse the effects of the rare case where an innocent person gets banned? I personally would like a list of set policies regarding the chance of false positives so that how we decide when someone is truly innocent is not subject to arbitrary opinion.

Nathia123

10-28-2012

Do you win something like inlfuence points if you do tribunal??

CimmerianEntropy

10-28-2012

Do we still get ip from doing tribunal? And how much do we get for said number of cases reviewed?

00JY7NY

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadia View Post
If you have multiple accounts with multiple warnings for being a toxic player then you did not receive the ban simply for 1 game where you said "you sucks." You received the ban because your general attitude is toxic and you have been unable to amend your behavior appropriately.

From a business perspective... 1 toxic player never buying RP again is a loss. 100 players quitting LoL and never buying RP because of not wishing to monetarily attach themselves to a toxic community is a far greater loss.

Do you even understand how the banning works?? or do i have to explain everything to you.? are you that ignorant and arrogant that you would simply just call everybody toxic because they gotten banned before.

first, if you have any common sense, you would realize by now that riot dont simply have the time to review all reports by man hours. THUS, they use a computer system that detects a player that gotten reported for any reason and then goes to the tribunal.

WHAT IM saying and claiming is THAT iNNOCENT PEOPLE GET BANNED because there are SOOOOOOO MANY LITTLE KIDS ABUSING THE REPORT ! ! BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOONNNNN ! ! ! !

and My worst FEAR is to play with report happy little kids that plays with FRIENDS and they GANG report you FOR NO REASON ! ! . even if you mute them , they still report you for non communication and it will still get you banned.

do i have to repeat myself ???

Matroid

10-28-2012

I must admit, I'm a little confused by the introduction of this Justice Review system. Lyte previously mentioned:

Quote:
We leave it up to players to decide how they arrive at their decision. Some players decide that if they even see 1 incident that is toxic, they will Punish. Some players decide the opposite and must see toxic behavior in every incident before they Punish. It's up to you to decide which type of reviewer you are, but just stay consistent!
In other words, when reviewing a case, we should ask ourselves whether WE would not enjoy playing with the person in the case. With the introduction of the Justice Review, though, we're incentivized to instead ask ourselves whether everyone else judging would not enjoy playing with the person in the case. While there's some merit to this in that it encourages thinking about the community as a whole, the flip side is it discourages holding a minority opinion. While this was true to some extent with the IP reward before, it is put front-and-center with the introduction of a numeric rating, along with the ability to see exactly which cases you "lost points" on.

The tragedy is that this runs exactly counter to the intent of counteracting the use of derogatory terms. As a member of...various minority groups, I am more sensitive to derogatory terms that reference those minority groups. But since they reference minority groups, they *by definition* have little effect on the majority of people. So what kind of a message am I receiving when I see that a "strong majority" of players see nothing wrong with this term? "Sorry, but since you're in the minority of people who find this term offensive, we're not going to do anything about it"? Of COURSE I'm in the minority, it's targeted AT that minority.

dankman4o5

10-28-2012

well be4 this "update" i was on a two week tribunal spree and never recieved my email notification or ip reward, now that i can see all my votes and pending votes it says 0, or some may be currently "unavailable" i just judged and reviewed some 20 cases, and looked at the justice tab again and now i have votes pending, what the heck happened to my other two weeks worth of reviewing and judging cases?

Haseo Azure

10-28-2012

I love how every single time i get reported for no reason just because i'm not doing well in a game and not getting help that i don't get ban or anything because the people report me for no reason. over the course of four days in got reported multiple times( i lost count) and didn't get ban once because the tribunal was there to back up my case, and ever time they said " you noob"" report(who ever i was playing at the time)" I just say ok, i'm a noob, but i'm also reporting for verbal harshment because if you are going to report someone do it quietly(with out them knowing). And for some reason people even reported me for dying, not feeding kind of dying the I went in to help dying.Um dying is a part of the game and if you don't like when people die in a game to get you to safety or if the other team gets first blood then you shouldn't be playing this game. The definition of noob is " someone who messes around on a game not doing what they are suppose to do, but rather helping the other team and not helping you what so ever and completing feeding the other team( and i'm talking about if they are level 1 and everyone if 10 and you go in know you are going to die and not going in to save someone)".And for those who think i have definite opinions for people on LoL , you are right to have those thoughts. So yeah i'm happy about getting real feed back on what my cases are now, thanks riot.