Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQproLeague

10-25-2012

What type of rewards do i get

Karsuman

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
[*]Innocent players were very rarely banned, while toxic players more often went unpunished. Because of this, we’ve adjusted the Tribunal algorithms to be less lenient.
Well if there is an auto-punish for the use of the r word then I'm fine with it.

Way too many people find offensive and disrespectful language acceptable and thus hit pardon. Changing the algorhythm will hopefully make it harder for these people to influence the vote count.

gamerkeeg

10-25-2012

i wonder what percent of summoners would be conisidered toxic if every game they play they get reported. I have a feedling that everyone would be banned.

purplyblue

10-25-2012

Hi, I had an idea and I was hoping someone in riot would at least consider it. Not sure if this is the right place, since I never post in forums.

Anyway, let me first clarify. I understand the tribunal is supposed to make LOL justice user based. However, I also realise riot has ideals for good, fun, just players. In order to balance these two concepts, I propose the following (or something along these lines):

First, make it so only about 25% or maybe 50% of players (but preferably a smaller percentage to start with) can vote in the Tribunal. Second, give priority to players with the most honor. By this I mean make the players with the most honor the ones who get the privelege of voting. In a way, this may seem unfair. On the other hand, I think this removes trolls from the voting system and also insures the fairest of voting.

Finally, if voting isn't happening fast enough because the small percentage of priveleged players is voting, expand the percentage until things are up to speed.

Well, that's my plan. I'm sure it could be improved, but I think it's the idea that's important. Honor is a great addition to the game (I know no one would believe me, but I described a similar addition to my wife just a week before honor came out). I'm excited to see what they do with it.

As a final note, I don't think the "ribbons" are very useful, since you can't really choose to play with people that have ribbons. However, everyone likes IP, skins, and other bonuses, so they may be a good way to encourage people to play more honorably.

CowSpace67

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

possibly the worst function in this game. Still gives no reason to the person banned except for a 'this account has been suspended;. you try to make people play honorably by using this system meh. some people need to be told to 'wait until jungler ganks before trying to solo LB.
Instead after trying to give advice you have other 4 people on your team abusing you telling /all to report jungler for whatever the case.
stupid system
yes my account is suspended and yes still no idea why.

implement an email of the case that goes to the tribunal with a copy of txt/reason as to why then the person it is sent to can say to themselves 'oh well maybe i did deserve a suspension for that game' or realise that this system is totally flawed because of all the trolls and players who cannot take a little constructive crtisism.

Oh get into a group with 2or more friends playing together guess who gets abused, the sole random player.who isnt in the friends group, thats already straight away a sole person trying to defend themselves against majority.

Koanic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart9 View Post
I find everyone having a wrong concept of their role in the tribunal. People think that they play the role of judge, when they actually are being a Jury. I am a lawyer myself and i'd like to humbly put my point of view to clear this mistake.

In fact, the ultimate decision is given by Riot Staff, even if its automatic and no person is directing this action, the only one with the tools to punish or pardon a character is them, so that is why they dont need to know what is right and what is wrong, they put that job on the jury's judgment who is composed for a large number of "voters" where, in the end, simple majority will be factor of decision.

So, doesnt matter if you need to know where is the difference between whats good or whats wrong? or if you need more or less information, because it depends on what you actually see; remember justice is blind and it will only depend on the few information you are able to adquire. If, due to the information you "feel" a person should be pardoned or punished, then you set your "vote" and if majority thinks the same way than you, then something very close to justice will be archieved. This lead me to another topic.

I would NEVER skip a case i can perfectly understand in any language. It's very well know, even if you are not a lawyer, that innocence is presumed, so, if you have no proof at all that could make you "feel" a person is quilty, also know as "punished", then that person deserves to be absolved of any charge. Even if i think i should not do it, i would click Pardon, because again, if the proof i can see with my own eyes are not enought, or its not very clear, doing nothing is equal to a sentence to punish. however this is my personal point of view, arguing about it its the same deal than using the tribunal. Good luck to everyone and have fun!
I'm sorry. I find it hard to believe that you're a lawyer. Lawyers generally proof their work (or at least have some command of the language).

Also, your conception of a jury's role in our legal system actually made me laugh (hint: they are finders of fact, not arbiters of right and wrong).

Not a lawyer. "Quilty" as charged.

Nightdancer ND

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Player Justice Ratings have been reset to 1200.
Oh noes! My Justice-Elo is ruined now and I am back in Justice-Elo-Hell!!!

Tree Hippy9000

10-26-2012

I dont appreciate the fact that i get reported for having two bad games and getting blammed for the loss yelled at by my team to report me and being reported for two games get a three day suspention

Celebi

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhGeeSher View Post
1st game: Negative Attitude. Definitely toxic, someone's had a bad game/score - So what? Leave it alone and report them if you suspect them intentionally feeding. NO need to point out the obvious that a team-mate is doing poorly.

2nd Game: Don't really suspect anything but you should've just ignored everything instead of retaliating - wasting time responding.

3rd Game: Sure, your support Nid left but there's no need to verbally abuse her..

4th Game:... You kinda verbally abused the Soraka, so what if she's mid? There's no option to report something that doesn't follow the meta.
1st game: My bot lane was abusing me in champ select for going top with Trundle and using Promote/Teleport, that's why I was defensive on what they said to me, they were acting like they were pro and that I was a troll, when in the end, I was the reason we won and they were the ones that fed.

4th game: No, it isn't "not sticking to the meta", Veigar was first pick, he's obviously gonna mid, and Soraka should've went support, she PICKED A SUPPORT, but instead, she trolled us and said "I'm going mid", which forced Veigar to either go bot or stay mid to troll the Soraka back, tell me how Soraka even has the right to feel offended when she made Veigar's gaming experience hard and annoying to deal with?

cdsqueak

10-26-2012

you guys really need to do something to the character selection phase..i'm sick of being punished because of people who want to troll or who can't get along....they do it..but u punish me...why? stupid..get it right riot sick of it..won't stop complaining about this because it's such a simple thing