Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymeth015 View Post
thanks for the response.

i'm still doing it even if im not rewarded anyway. coz i don't want to play with some people with overly negative traits.

i guess i had 7k total ip rewarded. it's enough for me to go lol

Lol. I did it for the IP at first but then I was like I could care less cause I like reading what other players write, etc. and punishing them for it is a much better feeling :P It's really amusing though how some players verbally abuse someone else and say they're innocent.. lol.

Frambola

10-25-2012

More intense punishment sound good. It is important to be polite and I'm happy League of Legends is promoting positive behavior.

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAkronx View Post
Its soooo unfair my best friend just had a permaban, and nobody give him a warning or something if someone had told him, Mr summoner this is your final oportunity, he spend a loooot of money in his account. I saw the tribunal decision and the purpose of the ban is soooo unfair. It is a shame how american people make fun of latin americans and they collide to report us

plz plz plz plz Riot give him a last chance, at least re open the case its obvious that you have kids in charge of bans and they do an awful job

My friend id is "VagrantWolf"

Hi.

Daisypusher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrix View Post
I read 6 pages of rubbish... 'Don't be a dick' is basically what people vote punish for.. yet I've probably been suspended like 6 times... I'm not proud of this fact but, it's because my morality won't budge. Neither will my pride.

Having said that - the pride I speak of isn't about being suspended. It's about being insulted as a player or not acknowledged for atleast trying in a game. If someone says to me 'you're bad' straight away, my game experience has been lessened, and I'm now annoyed... if they continue to say that or 'this alistar' etc.. etc... Doesn't matter, if they start this kind of conversation as the first thing they say - I have zero care for someone that punishes me... because more then likely, you high roading summoners who like the tribunal, are the ones who actually provoke players like myself who are genuinely trying, and actually are trying to refrain from belittling someone, into a rage where we deliberately feed/afk..

Straight up - are you telling me you've never said 'this XXXX' or 'omg, stop feeding XXXX' or even 'gg, bot lane fed' etc etc... These are ALL comments that are going to provoke the defencive state of the player. Where they are going to be to proud to just sit by and let you belittle and insult them for their poor performance. It's one thing to ignore them, then it is to put them on the defencive where straight away they're having a negative gaming experience. I believe, three quarters of the tribunal, including the people who punish (riot employees here) don't register this as an offence. But where do you draw the line of when it's provoked, or just pure toxic?

As far as I'm concerned, and I know in my military's law - if you provoke a fight, and you get beat down - it's a justified defence when the attacker proves he was provoked. Therefore, I would ask the Tribunal and people such as Lyte to consider provocation. I'm not saying I'm innocent of provocation. But i would prefer to know that my suspensions were due to me provoking another player, rather then me being provoked and pissed about it, so I chose to ruin the other players game experience, WHO HAD ORIGINALLY RUINED MINE.

It's seriously such a high road to sit here and talk about the harsher strictness etc etc... But in reality, people still don't see provocation as a problem 'just ignore them' then just ignore the rager thats telling you to gfys! Theres a language filter that you have to turn OFF in order to see bad language. Bad language should not be bannable. And I know people openly admit to punishing people for using the f word.. Or for using other less profound words.

Provocation is the root of all sin, both in the tribunal and it's '97% accuracy' and the player base. Ban the provokers, and you'll see the toxicity massively plummet, as people won't be willing to provoke a player into raging his heart out. Also - As one of these ragers - it's also bannable to refuse to communicate. YES IT IS. But it shouldn't be.. You're really leaving the ragers NO alternative...

On a side note, the tribunals accuracy is determined by the judgement Riot gave, with the judgement of the majority of players.. The coinciding numbers of the majority + Riot's judgement = the % accuracy.

But what I'm reading here, is that when a case is something someone wouldn't punish for, instead of a pardon, they skip... They skip, meaning they abstain from the vote, therefore, only punish voters are going through. Which would obviously show - that alot of players here, would probably be found borderline, but not straight up toxic.. An example (from what I've also read on this thread) is that players that are often borderline, are infact provoked players (something I've discussed here already) who are getting punished anyway, because of the abstain votes.

Another thing, and my smurf admittedly got suspended for this - was I was reported for post game lobby chat in one of my matches. Single report. Suspended.... Tribunal can't see post game lobby chat... I do not spam lobby, as I hate spam. I understand why the account got suspended (it got suspended for a mass punish on the leaver game that was in the second game, again, single report)

First thing - Add post and pre game chats. They're important.

Second - Leaver games should not be a tribunal case - the afk buster works well enough as it is. I know since my main was mostly subject to leaver buster. This in the civilian and military world, is referred to as 'double tapping'. Basically you're dishing out two seperate punishments for the same one off offence. Why? This is illegal in any sense of a justice system. If you murder 3 people - thats three different offences, even if you did it all at the same time, thus you get 3 charges/sentences. But if you murdered a single person, you're only going to get one charge/sentence. You're not then going to appear in court at a later date for the same murder, after accepting the punishment the first time, only for a second punishment. This is stupid and unfair.

REMOVE DOUBLE TAPPING.
This kid... So bad.

xAkronx

10-25-2012

Its soooo unfair my best friend just had a permaban, and nobody give him a warning or something if someone had told him, Mr summoner this is your final oportunity, he spend a loooot of money in his account. I saw the tribunal decision and the purpose of the ban is soooo unfair. It is a shame how american people make fun of latin americans and they collide to report us

plz plz plz plz Riot give him a last chance, at least re open the case its obvious that you have kids in charge of bans and they do an awful job

My friend id is "VagrantWolf"

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Seriously though - in all honesty. I see a lot of "Uninstall cause you're bad"..
WHY do people even say that ?
You don't tell someone to quit because they're doing poorly, etc...
You certainly won't tell someone to go die if they're a 40 year old virgin or something.. lol. Blah what am I writing.

shalexade

10-25-2012

Just a quick thing, it would be a real nice to have (and probably an oversight), if we could have a link to the Justice Review on the "Finished for the day" page?

Other than that though, it's looking a mighty fine system guys, well done.

(also, 1/1 so far- w00t!)

Soa Teh Ent

10-25-2012

What is "Toxic Day's Prevented" on the Justice Review page? Any answers would be nice, it's the only thing there I have no idea about... Thanks.

Malakai11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Any chance that we will know for sure the IP that we will be receiving for cases we judge? Just wondering...

TheMagicalDreams

10-25-2012

So what the reason behind removing the 5 ip per case.............
it's fun to read what kind of talks happens during the games but in the end sitting for like 3-6 mins reading each case and in the end we'll get justice ranked....... how does that even helps when ppl see that in profile if that's gonna happen, and also 5 ip per case isn't low if your doing it doing it constantly.... badges and ribbons won't help me in buying champs.........