Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Updates to the Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dosh Lotsamoney

10-25-2012

Quote:
Squall Leonhart9:
I find everyone having a wrong concept of their role in the tribunal. People think that they play the role of judge, when they actually are being a Jury. I am a lawyer myself and i'd like to humbly put my point of view to clear this mistake.

In fact, the ultimate decision is given by Riot Staff, even if its automatic and no person is directing this action, the only one with the tools to punish or pardon a character is them, so that is why they dont need to know what is right and what is wrong, they put that job on the jury's judgment who is composed for a large number of "voters" where, in the end, simple majority will be factor of decision.

So, doesnt matter if you need to know where is the difference between whats good or whats wrong? or if you need more or less information, because it depends on what you actually see; remember justice is blind and it will only depend on the few information you are able to adquire. If, due to the information you "feel" a person should be pardoned or punished, then you set your "vote" and if majority thinks the same way than you, then something very close to justice will be archieved. This lead me to another topic.

I would NEVER skip a case i can perfectly understand in any language. It's very well know, even if you are not a lawyer, that innocence is presumed, so, if you have no proof at all that could make you "feel" a person is quilty, also know as "punished", then that person deserves to be absolved of any charge. Even if i think i should not do it, i would click Pardon, because again, if the proof i can see with my own eyes are not enought, or its not very clear, doing nothing is equal to a sentence to punish. however this is my personal point of view, arguing about it its the same deal than using the tribunal. Good luck to everyone and have fun!

No no no! You've got it all wrong! Everyone is guilty until... Well if you've been reported you're guilty. Everyone deserves punishment. It makes you a better person.

MillsM

10-25-2012

I don't understand how saying a "curse" word can even be a banable offense

Akesgeroth

10-25-2012

Quote:
Tenmar:
Did you bychance watch the replay video I provided or read this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUBwGcxHqbc

hmmmmmmm
Mordekaiser [00:00:24] where to malph?
Diana [00:00:30] mord can you fight panth?
Malphite [00:00:32] is that a question?
Mordekaiser [00:00:34] yeah
Mordekaiser [00:00:35] I can
Diana [00:00:37] k
Diana [00:00:42] i take eve then
Diana [00:06:07] mia
Diana [00:06:58] mia
Ezreal [All] [00:07:45] tris use pots?
Diana [00:08:00] warded
Diana [00:08:08] mia care bot
Diana [00:08:35] mid still mia
Diana [00:08:39] re
Diana [00:10:53] ult
Diana [00:14:55] sigh
Diana [00:14:58] dat stunlock
Mordekaiser [00:16:17] I have an ez at top
Mordekaiser [00:16:22] swap lane?
Diana [00:16:25] sure

You might be shocked that if you would stop looking for just the bad but also look for the good you will see that playing the match I tried to be a real team player and worked well with mid and jungle. It is true I got frustrated with bot lane because they were performing VERY poorly. And while you can look at the reform card and see a full build trist she didn't complete that until we were about to lose. So knowing when she got the items and when she died in the match is very important in terms of context.

Try this:

Go donate one hundred thousand dollars to a children's hospital, then run over one of the kids with your car, making sure to laugh maniacally as you do it. Now, when you go to court, say it's all right for you to run over kids because you also act really nice.

Now, see if this keeps you out of jail.

allthegoodnutz

10-25-2012

i know it may not be a popular idea at riot but i think tribunal should give small amounts of rp for helping the comunity not ip but that is only a thought enough to cover the small amounts you might be off from buying skins or champs or to be able to buy skins or champs if you are a dedicated tribunal memeber

Akesgeroth

10-25-2012

Quote:
MillsM:

It isn't, ****ing stop pretending it is.

SlayerSCross

10-25-2012

Quote:
MuhGeeSher:
#2... Malphite [All] [00:09:53] no you are just bad, and lack intelligence
Malphite [All] [00:09:56] keep your mouth shut.. Malphite [All] [00:08:04] you ****ing ******

Verbal Abuse.
#4.. Verbal Abuse much?

Need I say more..

If you read my post I clearly say that I used foul language, but instead of reading my post you went ahead and pulled quotes from the game. I am not going to say I am completely innocent, but you should realize that the tribunal is broken if anyone and everyone, innocent or guilty can be banned. That is the point I was trying to get across, but thanks for your input.

Kralael

10-25-2012

Quote:
RiotNinjaTabby:
Lyte explained some of the reasoning in our original thread announcing the features: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=29186276#29186276

Also, the TL;DR of what Lyte said is: ''people who do it for IP are less accurate than people who do it simply for justice''

Tigatok

10-25-2012

Awesome job! You know the people really care when they make something that is of use to the players, for the better of the future! Rock on Staff!

CupcakeTrap

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Quote:
RiotNinjaTabby:
Lyte explained some of the reasoning in our original thread announcing the features: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=29186276#29186276

I was initially opposed to the IP reward removal.

However, that changed after I googled "Tribunal bots" and saw the huge number of such programs that are available.

Tenmar

10-25-2012

Quote:
MillsM:

It is now a ban worthy offense cause according to the tribunal and summoner's code

Quote:
Why doesnÂ’t Riot post a list of rules for what you can be banned for?

We believe in giving the community what it needs to define itself and that includes what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior. Any rules provided by Riot Games could unnecessarily influence the community.

You should just "get it" as to what is a ban worthy offense. It is clear that calling players morons, idiots, or simply saying curse words have been deemed to be unacceptable behavior and we should just "get it" despite not knowing what those who partake in tribunal think.