Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PalinMajere

10-25-2012

ok so what about my ranked duo partner?
he gets banned 2 times in 3 weeks and all he gets back saying what he did was a listing of some games where the worst thing he did was say "u guys are playing terrible"
after which the other team starts throwing racial slurs around like the "N" word and lots of other vulgar statements and my friend gets a 14 day ban
and that not even the worst, he got banned 3 weeks ago for nothing at all
it showed 3 games where he didnt say a dam thing except gg at the end and everyone reports him for all kinds of stuff from intentional feeding and verbal... VERBAL!!!! he didnt even type anything into the chat and got banned for a verbal!!! HOW!!!

some are reporting just because they lost... not because of toxic players...

some are just voting to punish whether there is reason or not...

well i spend anywhere from 20-40 a month on this game for 2 years now and that all came to an end when i saw my friends reasons for his bans...

Andy95

10-25-2012

how come im still banned if you guys said you've unbanned the toxic players?

Locke Cole

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNinjaTabby View Post
Lyte explained some of the reasoning in our original thread announcing the features: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...86276#29186276
Ah, I should have done some more digging myself. Thank you for posting that.

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChampagne View Post
Hey Riot,

I am interested in how your policy about provocation functions. I have recieved a warning for games in which I was being harassed by groups of duo-ed players. Just because the chat logs show me inidicating I won't be applying much jungle pressure to top/mid lanes, doesn't mean they don't show the demeaning remarks and refusal to provide assistance with the initial camps. How do you handle responsibility of players acting in response to toxic players? Am I a toxic player for being frustrated with having to clear jungle without assistance, while being called a "f*ggot n*gger j*w?" How can I expect to be a pressence on the map anyway while I jump back and forth between small camps trying to get on lvl?
Just move on, and try to do as best as you can, and report them. Meh, I would just stop jungling and go top. Nothing much you can do. Don't worry, I'm sure that's just one game. You'll get over it

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalinMajere View Post
ok so what about my ranked duo partner?
he gets banned 2 times in 3 weeks and all he gets back saying what he did was a listing of some games where the worst thing he did was say "u guys are playing terrible"
after which the other team starts throwing racial slurs around like the "N" word and lots of other vulgar statements and my friend gets a 14 day ban
and that not even the worst, he got banned 3 weeks ago for nothing at all
it showed 3 games where he didnt say a dam thing except gg at the end and everyone reports him for all kinds of stuff from intentional feeding and verbal... VERBAL!!!! he didnt even type anything into the chat and got banned for a verbal!!! HOW!!!

some are reporting just because they lost... not because of toxic players...

some are just voting to punish whether there is reason or not...

well i spend anywhere from 20-40 a month on this game for 2 years now and that all came to an end when i saw my friends reasons for his bans...
Reform Card?
I don't really see why you have to add how much $ you spend on the game, it doesn't exclude anyone from entering the Tribunal.

SlayerSCross

10-25-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5819249/#nogo

I am posting this because I was recently banned and I feel that my punishment was a bit harsh based on the facts and cases.

These were my cases in which I got banned for a week for the second time. The first case I was reported by the Irelia who said, ""after i locked in top he locked in darius and went top anyway and forced me to support irelia." This just shows a major flaw of the Tribunal. You can't be banned for played a different meta or being bad. In the game, yes I used foul language. However, I did not verbally harass or abuse the other players. I just pointed out what my teammates were doing. Draven clearly fed as seen by his score. The thing is, if I had said nothing at all the entire game, I could have been reported for "Refusing to Communicate with Team" which would have gotten me banned anyways. The first report could not have even been taken into consideration because locking in as a champ, even if it is against the current meta isn't a ban-able offense. The rest of the cases I was reported by one person each time.

In the second case I was reported by an enemy player that was falsely accusing me to be a troll. As most Normal Blind Pick games work, people lock in whatever champ they feel they want to play. I locked in a jungler and so did my teammate. Locking in 2 junglers isn't a ban-able offense and when I was accused of trolling and my teammates were calling me names, I decided to retaliate. Most of the players were using vulgar language, but that is common in anything online. You can't stop people from doing this kind of stuff. However, I do understand that using vulgar language is against the summoner code. I'm curious to know if everyone who has ever used a swear word in game has been banned. The way the tribunal works is that if one person reports a player for X reason, then it becomes a case on the tribunal waiting be judged. Even if the player didn't do anything wrong, people on the tribunal can choose to punish and that person will get banned.

The 3rd and 4th cases I don't believe I did anything bad, and don't think I completely violated the sacred Summoner Code. This is the second time I have been banned. 3 out of 4 of the cases I didn't necessarily do much that was bad. The thing is if this stuff happened to professional players riot would probably do something about it, but since the rest of us are plebeians, we really have no say. If people in high elo repeatedly reported Dyrus for X reason, even if he is innocent, the case would show up in the Tribunal. Then people can use the tribunal, look at the cases and falsely punish him and get him banned. This is something that needs to be fixed. The tribunal is a great idea, but it still needs adjustments. I feel that for the most part the tribunal is working and the people who are purposely making the game horrible for others are banned from the game, but there are quite a few situations where players are severely punished for small stuff or they are innocent entirely. I feel that if each case has CLEAR violations or ban-able offenses then it should be up to the community to ban or pardon the accused player. If certain cases lack ban-able offenses, then they should not be taken into consideration at all. Maybe if there was a part of the tribunal that looked at cases and made sure it wasn't just false reports, then it would make the tribunal more efficient.

For the most part I believe I am part of a small group of people that I feel are falsely banned. If anyone has been in a game that causes frustration, I believe they know where I am coming from. I know I said some bad things in a couple of the games, but I don't feel that I should be banned from LoL. I have played several games with the same people that are offensive and vulgar and they don't get banned. I just feel that riot should look more into this and take the Tribunal and and make more improvements.

I know this is a long post, but If you read through most of it I thank you for your time and consideration.

Dosh Lotsamoney

10-25-2012

"we’ve adjusted the Tribunal algorithms to be less lenient."

Guess it's time to uninstall.

Pink Bunnny

10-25-2012

Will we at some point be able to view pre-game (champ select) and post-game (score screen) chat logs?
A lot of verbal abusers are pardoned because we just can't see what they said after the game...

evens vengeance

10-25-2012

Quite frankly the system is broken.

People get reported by groups who queue together all the time for stupid ****. It easy for people to get reviewed or even banned due to this fact. You piss off one person and you get 4 instant reports. This is the same concept as honor farming. It deserves the same fix.

It's also give the queuing team immunity to grief the other player freely without worry of being reported. I've seen this several times.

you should really give a group who queues together one report total for the entire group. Queuing teams get lesser control in other aspects like draft pick games.

There is also bartering for reports.
Completely lame.

You see people actually write in the text. "well I guess this did this" That equals out to just another report to the tally getting people on tribunal that should not be.
T
he solution of positive feed back to reporting players won't fix an inherently flawed system of reporting.

You should make a better solution to the problem. Allow player replacement during the match. "Toxic" people are often just ones that don't want to finish a round for some reason . (ex -team that wont surrender or who team is playing extremely bad.) They are forced to play or face ban, either way you don't give them a valid exit strategy without facing some type of consequence. That piss people off, compounding the problem if an angry community.

It could be as simple as a team vote for replacement with the player having the final say to stay or leave. Replacements can be chosen from the queue with player consent to join a match in progress or start a new match. Given them the gold earned on average from the team, and let them buy items.

Prevent abuse of the system by only allowing a substitution either on a timer or limited amount.

The same concept would also fix your AFKers/leavers. rebalancing a 4v5 to 5v5. This over all gives a game improvement and reduces your need for a tribunal so that serious cases can be seen other than a toxic community fighting back and forth.

For those who don't think it will work. .. Hi, World of Warcraft does it for their instances. Parties can kick others with a vote and replace the charcter from que. It's a proven method and it reduces their ticket numbers.

Akesgeroth

10-25-2012

I find the "less lenient" part to be worrying, but we'll see where this goes. Hell, maybe SOME of the "I DIDN'T DO IT" threads on the forums will be true now!