Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

10-25-2012

Something I just thought of while judging a case or two was it would be very nice to see the summoner level in the Tribunal of the person who was reported.

I'm liable to judge more harshly a Summoner who is level 30 vs. a Summoner who is level 1-5, at least under certain circumstances (such as having a sub-optimal build that could be considered heavily trolling by level 30).

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallaxcore View Post
Wait, so you guys did take out IP rewards for tribunal? Why the hell would I want to waste my time in there then...I know i should be doing it to make the community better, but please we all know it'll take a little more than voting, and doing all those cases is how I got my ip for runes and stuff, cause you can rarely win unless the other team is bad and you are hopefully just a little better.

Thanks for ruining any reason to do the tribunal anymore..Better take his ideas and implement something to make it worth it again.
This mentality Lyte, is what make this Tribunal thing an AWFUL deal, the majority will punish because they won't give a rat's tail about the faith of the reported player, they only care about the IP. What better reward than having a GREAT and FAIR community? right? right?

Trerro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I'm a bit weary of this. While I'm all for abusive players getting ejected faster, I've personally witnessed 2 different players get banned for "leaving" because they were having temporary ISP issues killing their connection - something that happens to pretty much everyone occasionally.

I'm afraid of the potential of a system where everyone who doesn't have a nearly flawless connection will get regular temp bans, not to mention honor wipes filing them in with players who can't say 2 sentences without cussing someone out. Hopefully you've accounted for this and haven't simply made it easier across the board to get banned.

IMO, the reduced leniency should be for things like "abusive" and "helping enemy team", where it's extremely unlikely false reports are being made, and not for things like "leaving" (which a player often can't control). "Intentional feeding" is the other one I'm concerned about. In hundreds of games, I don't think I've ever encountered a true intentional feeder - that is, someone dying on purpose to throw the game, while I've seen dozens of newbies reported for it because they played a match with their more experienced friends and get wrecked due to simply not being skilled yet, as well as people getting reported for it because a PUG team simply fails to work together, and it gets blamed on whoever finishes with the highest death count, instead of the fact that the team simply had no cohesion.

If these things have been taken into account though, then awesome. The faster we can get the trolls out of here, the more likely the LoL community will become a more positive place.

Xarkiel

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRon View Post
I really like the tribunal being more strict, however, I think RIOT is only focusing on punishing and not on prevention.

- What if RIOT created an age box in the profile so I could play with people my age?
- What if they made it so low elo players couldn't play any champ they didn't qualify in by winning in unranked? (to avoid bad players frustrating teammates into arguing.)
- What if they limited low elo players to one ranked loss per day so they took ranked more seriously?
- What if you could put people on an avoid list so they wouldn't play on your random team? (and then put a warning noting this will cause you to wait more if you "avoid" a lot of people.
- What if you had a list of ACTUAL protocols for behavior in a drop-down so players could more easily call people out? For example, what's RIOT's opinion on protocol - can a player "call it" from last pick? If a player solo pushes a lane, does that constitute "not cooperating."

I also think this, what if they used the same idea as the honor system, except instead of being banned, you get a dishonor beside your name to show your shame and another players on your team could "vote" for you to be kicked from the champion selection if they deemed you unworthy.

Elite Kokaku

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trerro View Post
I'm a bit weary of this. While I'm all for abusive players getting ejected faster, I've personally witnessed 2 different players get banned for "leaving" because they were having temporary ISP issues killing their connection - something that happens to pretty much everyone occasionally.

I'm afraid of the potential of a system where everyone who doesn't have a nearly flawless connection will get regular temp bans, not to mention honor wipes filing them in with players who can't say 2 sentences without cussing someone out. Hopefully you've accounted for this and haven't simply made it easier across the board to get banned.

IMO, the reduced leniency should be for things like "abusive" and "helping enemy team", where it's extremely unlikely false reports are being made, and not for things like "leaving" (which a player often can't control). "Intentional feeding" is the other one I'm concerned about. In hundreds of games, I don't think I've ever encountered a true intentional feeder - that is, someone dying on purpose to throw the game, while I've seen dozens of newbies reported for it because they played a match with their more experienced friends and get wrecked due to simply not being skilled yet, as well as people getting reported for it because a PUG team simply fails to work together, and it gets blamed on whoever finishes with the highest death count, instead of the fact that the team simply had no cohesion.

If these things have been taken into account though, then awesome. The faster we can get the trolls out of here, the more likely the LoL community will become a more positive place.

reviewed a case on the tribunal today where the guy intentionally fed the enemy team in 4 different ranked games. 0-25 in first game, 0-22 in second game, 1-14 the third game, and
0-7 the last game.

Thats RANKED games as well, it does happen

Kittycatmon

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torinux View Post
This mentality Lyte, is what make this Tribunal thing an AWFUL deal, the majority will punish because they won't give a rat's tail about the faith of the reported player, they only care about the IP. What better reward than having a GREAT and FAIR community? right? right?
NOPE
Jks, that is very importaint

WalkingD3ath

10-25-2012

THANK YOU!!! Glad to see you guys working on fixing what I would consider the one negative portion of this game.

Xarkiel

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Kokaku View Post
reviewed a case on the tribunal today where the guy intentionally fed the enemy team in 4 different ranked games. 0-25 in first game, 0-22 in second game, 1-14 the third game, and
0-7 the last game.

Thats RANKED games as well, it does happen
He never said it didn't happen, he just said he has never seen it himself...

AdamNW

10-25-2012

Can we please get the option to report people who falsely report? Pardoning is one thing but when someone doesn't talk all game is and accused of verbal harassment it's rather annoying.

LostPast

10-25-2012

So first time using tribunal and what not...try to vote...goes to webpage is unavailable, gets very annoying.