"Remember that even though itís passed through PBE"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soup4

10-25-2012

Best quote from Riot on the announcement of the new treeline release. I'm assuming when they say passed PBE, they mean not listening to the majority of the players who disliked the altars, speed buff and lack of top jungle. Why even ask for feedback if your just going to ignore it.

I was so excited for the updates to Treeline; now it's obvious they took it too far. That old saying of dont fix whats not broken really applies. Lizard was nice to have on the map, there was no need for altars and the top jungle allowed for skirmishes and more jungle farm.

They basically took concepts from an unpopular map(dominion;speed shrine, altars, no wards) and put them in as a replacement for concepts from a popular map(SR;lizard, jungle, wards). How does that make an ounce of sense. Did they say, "hey dominion is unpopular so maybe if we put stuff from that map into treeline it will magically make those concepts popular!"

Remove altars, put lizard back in place of the speed shrine and give top its jungle back and you now have an amazing map. Also, the shorter death timers are unnecessary. The pacing of treeline was fine how it was and with the new base turtling for days will no longer be possible.

Soup4

10-25-2012

Also, the altars force you into teamfights so picking a weak early game/strong later game comp is out of the question. Unless of course you dont mind the other team having the buff from both altars when you decide to fight.

BenevolenTT

10-25-2012

They are not looking for feedback on what to remove altogether(i.e altars). They want to know what's imbalanced, and what they can change(more in the sense of stats, cooldowns and rewards). They have fixed a couple of ridiculous item stats and now they opened up TT to the majority to see if they can get more information as to how altar rewards affect the flow of the map.

I think they're doing a good job at mixing up the tired format and finally giving me something flavorful to master. Give it time and you'll realize you're just being irrational.

Zerglinator

10-25-2012

And then they say "It's still in Beta"

Proving Grounds doesn't have wards.

bigDnsocal

10-25-2012

You need wards> Ask your pro players and just change the base of the old map to how it is now. Fixed am I hired?

Soup4

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDnsocal View Post
You need wards> Ask your pro players and just change the base of the old map to how it is now. Fixed am I hired?
If you also fix the randomness of the jungle then yes, you have got the job lol.

Alpha Q23

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenevolenTT View Post
They are not looking for feedback on what to remove altogether(i.e altars). They want to know what's imbalanced, and what they can change(more in the sense of stats, cooldowns and rewards). They have fixed a couple of ridiculous item stats and now they opened up TT to the majority to see if they can get more information as to how altar rewards affect the flow of the map.

I think they're doing a good job at mixing up the tired format and finally giving me something flavorful to master. Give it time and you'll realize you're just being irrational.

Being Irrational huh. So The majority of the people who enjoyed the Old TT, who asked for some changes to things got a completely new map shoved down their throats. IN turn will cause some of the old tt fans to stick it out, others to switch to different game modes (possibly riots motive?), or cause them to quit LoL altogeather.

Because of this new map i'm considering the third option, maybe just going to dominion(if i wanted the dominion playstyle I would switch to dominon which I do from time to time.)

I have spent the large majority of my time playing LoL purposly avoiding Summoners Rift. Now it appears I will be spending what ever time I put into LoL from now on avoiding TT, MY once favorite map but now its not the same or even similar. The only similarities is the two lanes, a jungle between the two lanes, two nexus, and a boss above top lane. So just the "general" set up of the map is the same. The game play is different.

I understand Riot put so much time and effort into the new map. So..... Why not leave it at that? a new map. if you did that you will have 4 maps.. A 5v5, a dominion 5v5, a 3v3, and a Dominiontype 3v3.

LSA

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenevolenTT View Post

Or they can just take most of our suggestions and completely remove the altars. They are not a good addition to the new map. You nerf them, and they won't be worth getting and make you wonder why they're even there anymore, turning into a waste of space for something that could be better. You buff them, and nothing changes at all.

They shouldn't be there.

RealCrisco

10-25-2012

I hate the fact that they broke TT, worrying about the capture points is ridiculous. If I wanted to play dominion, I would go play the ****ty map.

Ragnarokio

10-25-2012

altars and speed boost are important to the design of the new map. Can't just remove them, we need the old map back. The middle being pretty much an open rectangle and the lack of a top jungle are the things that prevent this map from being twisted treeline in my opinion.