Curious about Dominion Queue Times

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nyarlaBROtep

10-25-2012

I hope that I don't catch too much hate at this, I try my best to play a fair game.
I am new to Dominion so I made a smurf so I can learn basics and such without getting yelled at or raged at.
I am level 15 currently and I usually sit in queue for about ~5 minutes before a game can be found. Is this normal? Or could it be because of my level?

Just wondering.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

it's because of your Level, people usually get Brain washed into the Sr Meta of Hating everything that's not summonner's rift meta (which includes of course other gamemodes) at around level 14-15 so not many people play Dominion at the lower levels thanks to friend pressure and what not.
So yes is due to level and you are one of the luckiest and stongest people on the game just for the fact that tyou didn't get Brainwashed. it took months for some of us to get our brains back. (me included ).
Ok i don't particularly hate Sr but i hate most of its players because they hate on me for no apparent reason and tell me Sassy things and treat me and my tastes like things for "idiots".

Just read the treeline forums now and Gd to a minor extent, it's full with "No one cares a shizz about Dominion" brainwashed hate. with difference of tones, some are really "colorful"

HaIfhearted

10-25-2012

Infirc, that doesn't answer his question.

Sadly, 5 minutes is an average time in queue, and for some people 5 minutes would actually be considered "fast".
I personally usually can expect to wait anywhere from 10-20 minutes in queue on average, but then again I'm on the higher end of Dominions hidden matchmaking elo.

If you are interested in learning from veteran Dominion players or just want to hang out with other people who enjoy Dominion, join the DominateDominion chatroom in game.
It's a great place to hang out whether you are interested in learning or just chatting.

I'm glad you are trying to join our little Dominion community, and I just hope the queue times don't turn you off too much.
Have fun on the Crystal Scar!

nyarlaBROtep

10-25-2012

Wow, friendly responses? This can't be! Not in y League of Legends game, lol.

Thank you for letting me know, now I can do something else while waiting.

HaIfhearted

10-25-2012

Meh, theres a few people around here who have become rather jaded and cynical because of the lack of attention Riot has shown towards Dom.

I can't blame them for being negative, but be warned they can sometimes be rather nasty if you say something that pisses them off.