Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

First Impressions!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

10-25-2012

Loved it! As soon as the map loaded I actually felt like I was playing LoL 2 or something. The detail and ambiance in the map is far superior to even Summoner's rift. I took pleasure in just walking around and checking out the scenery.

I loved the background ambiance music and how it was eerie.

The map over-all reminded me a lot of the Grave-yards and haunted forests of the Fable series. Which is a good thing. It's got a solid theme. The older Twisted Treeline just seemed like a smaller Summoner's Rift with a bit more trees. When you play the new Twisted Treeline you feel transported to a whole new world.

I now think Summoner's Rift needs a face-lift while keeping the exact same layout and such, also perhaps a more fearsome Baron.

Over-all, I think the new Twisted Treeline is far superior to any other map we've seen yet and probably ahead of it's time. I love the Altars, they add a little bit of that added touch. Love it! Now I want to see a new Summoner's Rift! ^^

I applaud the creative team behind the new Twisted Treeline!

Desocupado

10-25-2012

It's doesn't feel like a "Tree" map, it's so full of stone and altars.
While it's beautiful, the gameplay feel quite odd.

Judas Priest

10-25-2012

Yeah, I've just played it and I found it amazing

Mieczyslaw

10-25-2012

I agree that it looks fantastic, but the jungle, the capture points, the new boss... ALLL SOOOOO LAMMEEEE

PrinceVert

10-25-2012

Quote:
Éidolon:
Loved it! As soon as the map loaded I actually felt like I was playing LoL 2 or something. The detail and ambiance in the map is far superior to even Summoner's rift. I took pleasure in just walking around and checking out the scenery.

I loved the background ambiance music and how it was eerie.

The map over-all reminded me a lot of the Grave-yards and haunted forests of the Fable series. Which is a good thing. It's got a solid theme. The older Twisted Treeline just seemed like a smaller Summoner's Rift with a bit more trees. When you play the new Twisted Treeline you feel transported to a whole new world.

I now think Summoner's Rift needs a face-lift while keeping the exact same layout and such, also perhaps a more fearsome Baron.

Over-all, I think the new Twisted Treeline is far superior to any other map we've seen yet and probably ahead of it's time. I love the Altars, they add a little bit of that added touch. Love it! Now I want to see a new Summoner's Rift! ^^

I applaud the creative team behind the new Twisted Treeline!

To bad the gameplay suck ass

Thomas500

10-25-2012

You're wrong this map blows and it takes away the normal gameplay of the game. If I wanted to capture points, I'd play dominion.

thunderaine

10-25-2012

so the map looks good and the feel of the gameplay is pretty good, however its the only map that cuts my frame rates by more than half, i run any other map at about 35 fps, and with this my stable frames are at 18-19 and about 9 during teamfight, all in all good but do something to improve framerates on this map

existingdark

10-25-2012

15 fps (maximum)

That's my first impression.