PVP.net patcher kernel has stopped working

12345612 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolutes22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer phew pew View Post
Guys, just simply right click the League of Legends shortcut and then click "Run as administrator". I'm sure it'll work! Hope you guys get to fix it

-lazer phew pew
Not sure why this guy got downvotes, this worked for me. Thanks Lazer

Trixie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ton View Post
I've just had this problem too, after installing the PBE, to fix it I went into task manager -> processes and ended LoLLauncher, opened and it worked fine..
Hope this helps!
I love you.

Pork Swordsicle

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru3che View Post
Try this guys:

Go into your League of Legends folder in C:/Riot Games
Open up the "RADS" folder.
Open up the "Projects" folder.
Open up the "lol_air_client" folder.
Open up the "releases" folder.
Open up the folder that's in there. It changes every patch, but contains the same stuff.
Delete the two files named "S_OK" and "release manifest"
Open up the "deploy" folder.
Delete the "logs", "META-INF", "lol.properties", and "LoLClient.exe"
Restart your Patcher.
It will repatch the recent patch you had just downloaded.
This will usually fix it. If not I suggest trying to do a repair from the patcher's options. It takes from 10-20 minutes.
thank you this worked for me, i lost internet connection so i restored systems, i guess it messed up game but i got right back in using this!!!!! by restart your patcher he means open league again and it will auto re-patch, hope this helps anyone in my situation

norman124

12-21-2012

i tried to reinstall, do what the others had done, still it does not work. this is after i had updated the vi patch. -_- very frustrating

Octavusprime

12-23-2012

I've tried everything said here. Just got done reformatting my computer with windows 7 factory setting. Updated all drivers and re-downloaded LOL. Started game and the same crash happens after champion select. Basically I cannot get to the character loading screen.

When I close LOL I get the "PVP.net patcher kernel has stopped working". Super frustrated and cannot play games on my computer... Nothing yet from Riot...

Baby Jejus

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru3che View Post
Try this guys:

Go into your League of Legends folder in C:/Riot Games
Open up the "RADS" folder.
Open up the "Projects" folder.
Open up the "lol_air_client" folder.
Open up the "releases" folder.
Open up the folder that's in there. It changes every patch, but contains the same stuff.
Delete the two files named "S_OK" and "release manifest"
Open up the "deploy" folder.
Delete the "logs", "META-INF", "lol.properties", and "LoLClient.exe"
Restart your Patcher.
It will repatch the recent patch you had just downloaded.
This will usually fix it. If not I suggest trying to do a repair from the patcher's options. It takes from 10-20 minutes.
Hey Guy,
your thread completely fixed my problem
Cheers to you my friend

DinoSlugMonster

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavusprime View Post
I've tried everything said here. Just got done reformatting my computer with windows 7 factory setting. Updated all drivers and re-downloaded LOL. Started game and the same crash happens after champion select. Basically I cannot get to the character loading screen.

When I close LOL I get the "PVP.net patcher kernel has stopped working". Super frustrated and cannot play games on my computer... Nothing yet from Riot...
Super frustrating indeed. I thought these problems has something to do with Windows 8, but if you got the same problems and you are on windows 7... I have no idea how these problems will be fixed, I just hope they are soon.

Liminality

01-01-2013

I have the exact same problem. I've done everything in this thread:

Re-installed
Deleted LoL files
Repaired Microsoft.NETs
Run as Admin doesn't solve the issue

I literally can't repair and/or open up the client. I'm pretty sure it's the WONDERFUL ADOBE AIR LOL CLIENT, and not my Windows 7/8 Installation or my own ignorance.

theimmabeast

01-03-2013

I also had the same problem it was working great this morning i come back later its not working im not sure if it is my brother cause he is still logged on or maybe it has to do with Windows 8 i dont know.

imNickG

01-03-2013

Try doing a clean re-instal.

Uninstal, delete all files and folers, delete all registry (if not already deleted).

Download again and instal that.

If it doesn't work, try using the repair function.

Also I would suggest using the support ticket.

12345612 ... 38