Will you keep playing Twisted Treeline without wards

Yes, I will continue to play without wards. 10 38.46%
No. Wards are too crucial to play without them. 16 61.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

No Wards?!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gotlyfe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Riot, are you out of your mind or do you literally just hate everyone who plays 3s... Wards are a significantly key component to winning 3s. I'm pretty sure a huge number of people won't even want to play 3s anymore without them.

PhucDatHo

10-25-2012

Right now.. no one has really played the map unless it's on PBE server. Let's see how it fares out first.

khoality films T_T

Mr Mystical

10-25-2012

there are new items you can buy that help you see ....probably should spend some time on the map first and with the new items.

I do think this map should be called The Shadow Isles ....it's not TT ....never will be and TT doesn't even seem the right name for this map.... Shadow Isles ...perfect name for it.

Gotlyfe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

there are only 2 items that help you see, and they are in a small range around you on a 60 second cooldown...

ChickenNugget

10-25-2012

i dont like the map what so ever.

ChickenNugget

10-25-2012

dont like this map AT ALL!

KManuS

10-25-2012

I wan't the old one back, or maybe have both TTL?

WrathgarWarlord

10-25-2012

If we had both maps I'd be happy, killing the old one for this POS is a crime.

M1A4Silencer

10-25-2012

Why is everybody scared of Change......lol I think the map is cool but hey I play teemo so mabye that has something to do with it :P (Haters gonna Hate) but i do agree that the Original TT should be included with the Map selection getting rid of the Map wasnt a bright idea...lol

Cruèlty

10-25-2012

I think that there's definitely going to be some meta-game changes, but you can work around not having wards. For example:

Your jungler is going to have to almost always pick up the new lantern, probably 9 times out of 10, because even having the small amount of vision is going to be crucial.
One of your 3 players can pick up Clairvoyance, since CV is still a summoner usable in TT. Maybe not ideal, but having a second way to get vision anywhere would help a lot.
It was stated in the video that controlling an altar gives you vision around that altar for 90 seconds, so capturing the altars becomes even more key in the vision it provides.
There are a number of champions that have mini-wards or ways of gaining short-term vision. Using Maokai as a jungler, for instance, could be a good pickup by throwing a sapling in brush (or even in the open) where enemies are likely to roam. Zyra's seeds give a small amount of vision for 30 seconds and reveal enemies if they step on them. Ashe's hawkshot reveals a significant portion of the map, especially on a smaller map such as TT. These are just a few examples as to how your champion selection can give you an advantage in terms of vision.

In short, the current meta for TT is clearly no longer viable on the new map, so it's going to have to change, but not necessarily in a bad way.