Jungling in Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pulsefire EzreaI

10-15-2012

Please allow me to throw myself headfirst into a running table saw and then please let me get fed to rabid dogs that will just defecate me out in 6 hours.

I don't know why, but why do people insist that there's such a thing as jungling in TT? Every time I see someone on my screen type that out, I feel like a few of my brain cells are committing suicide.

Is it a troll thing? Because every time I go into TT, I frequently have people say that they're going to jungle.

Gentle Tortoise

10-15-2012

Why is there in every game, someone who says jungling isn't viable and then proceeds to lose their lane? I don't get it.

Pulsefire EzreaI

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAg Maze View Post
Why is there in every game, someone who says jungling isn't viable and then proceeds to lose their lane? I don't get it.
Because leaving a lane one man down while two enemies are wailing at it is definitely viable and totally a 2400 ELO trick?

Gentle Tortoise

10-15-2012

professionals can 2v1 a lane just fine. step your game up.

Vesh

Game Designer

10-15-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

If you want to win at 3's at high level you pretty much need a jungler. Try Lee Sin, Shyvana, Nunu, or Rengar as they are all really strong 3s jungle picks.

If you want to run a 2v1 top lane you basically need Nunu+AD and then roam to steal the enemy's jungle minions top. Have your AP (Rumble, Diana, Kat, Ryze, Cho, etc) go bot and focus on early control of red buff and green/white using wards.

Most jungles start with a pull from top/bot on the mini camp mid and then move up to wolves/golems and then do their buff.

Corinthe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Ha, honestly yes there is, and it makes sense if you think about it.

There are a number of champs that can farm relatively safely and still be extremely useful in teamfights. Most of these would be ranged in some form, whether mage or adc (like ez or corki in tt)

leaving a solo lane allows for a farm and experience advantage that the other lane is denied.
Also, ganking becomes much easier because the enemies now experience jungle pressure. as soon as top goes missing, there is the potential for a 3 man gank bot, now with higher levels (very effective with some available ultimates)

I've been trying out kha'zix in the jungle recently, and I have found him to be very fun with the wall jumping and gank potential. When you consider the advantages of jungling in SR, doesnt it make sense to also employ this strategy in TT?

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
If you want to win at 3's at high level you pretty much need a jungler. Try Lee Sin, Shyvana, Nunu, or Rengar as they are all really strong 3s jungle picks.

If you want to run a 2v1 top lane you basically need Nunu+AD and then roam to steal the enemy's jungle minions top. Have your AP (Rumble, Diana, Kat, Ryze, Cho, etc) go bot and focus on early control of red buff and green/white using wards.

Most jungles start with a pull from top/bot on the mini camp mid and then move up to wolves/golems and then do their buff.
It really depends on what comp you use

She

10-15-2012

jungling sucks

Gentle Tortoise

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by She View Post
jungling sucks
I see this almost every game I jungle in and we come out on top most of the time.

I just played my first game against another jungler on 3s. Me and bud just got our *** handed to us on a silver platter. IF you have control dragon and red, you win the game. Easily.

Jungling doesn't suck. It catapults both lanes into a higher-level zone where they can just poop on the lane that was duoing. Of course, when someone else is jungling... then you have to get control of the jungle. Otherwise, they'll win cause they get global gold, destroy your wards, and they know everything they're going to do before you do it. It's that simple.

Jungling is going to become mandatory in 3s. I know it will. Best to pick it up now rather than later.

Hoizengerd

10-15-2012

champs that can jungle the trees in addition to the previously mentioned; Tryndamere, Warwick, Nunu, Jax, Jarvan, Olaf, Cho, Shaco

TT jungle is more about having the right skill set, so yes, you can jungle in TT, just pick the right champ for it, basically anyone who has massive sustain or a way to jump walls

and someone who said that the guy in a 1v2 would lose because there are 2 people bottom, LOL
the lone guy would out-scale the duo bottom massively since he isn't sharing exp or gold with anyone, but since people in this game are retarded they lose lanes/games that they should easily win