How do you feel about the new Twisted Treeline map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angelfire269

10-25-2012

I really don't like it. It feels like a mix of ARAM, Dominion and the lanes from SR. It gives no room for comebacks, whichever team gets the first few kills ends up controlling the game with ease. Also, tanky dps champions are even more valuable in the new TT than the old one; carries need farm in order to be successful, but they can't farm without getting ganked every 30 seconds and dying because there are no wards. The alters really ruin it for me personally.

Jungle Lux

10-27-2012

I hate how Ranked will carry on with the nTT, now everyone thats good with tanky dps will end up getting high elo for doing nothing

VictimSix

10-27-2012

I like it, I have some complaints but it's much more fun the old TT for sure.

Mr Mystical

10-27-2012

love the new TT -- never liked the old map ..in fact didn't like it so much didn't play on it. But this new TT the Shadow Isles is the best map ever for LoL ....thanks Riot. Put the old TT in a vault and lock it away!

Ak Motomoto

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
I do not understand the comparisons between Dominion (henceforth, referred to as Dom) and the new Twisted Treeline (henceforth, nTT). I seriously do not. The similarities start and end at 'there are capturable points'. Now, to contrast:
  • The nTT points are secondary objectives, not primary objectives like in Dom.
  • The nTT points are situated in the jungle, away from the primary goal of the map.
  • The nTT points cannot be constantly flipped between controllers as the Dom points can, due to the 90 second delay before being recapturable.
  • The Dom points provide constant vision, while the nTT altars provide vision only for 90 seconds after being captured.
  • The Dom points only provide temporary buffs at certain moments during the match, while the nTT altars provide buffs constantly so long as you control them.
  • Ignoring points is often an option in nTT; ignoring points in Dom will lose you the game.

The primary objective of nTT is still to take down your enemy turrets in order to destroy the enemies' nexus. The argument that the nTT is fast-paced is not an argument that they made it into Dominion - it's what they always said Twisted Treeline was supposed to be. I do not see why they should apologise for trying to change it to what they said they wanted it to be - a shorter, faster-paced match similar to (but not the same as) Summoner's Rift.

I feel they have hit the nail on the head - there is still laning; there is still a jungle that can be taken advantage of, either exclusively by a jungler or by the team between waves; you still have to push to take turrets; there is still a boss monster to fight over. They changed how the secondary objectives behave - instead of small mini-boss jungle camps to fight over, you have capturable altars that provide a more constant bonus.

As someone who hates Dominion, liked the old Twisted Treeline, and absolutely loves Summoner's Rift, I have to say - now that I've played on it, I think the new Twisted Treeline is an improvement, but I will withhold saying so for sure until we get more playtime on it.

I agree with all of this, except I love dominion.... =P i understand why/how people can try and compare nTT to dom, but its not like it. It has 2 similar features, but even those features are an improvement over how broken the old TT was. My hope is that they keep both maps and let them live in LoL together.

AversiveBias

10-27-2012

I don't really like this new map. I think if they take out the altars and add an additional jungle area at the bottom it would be nice. Lastly, I think the spider area jungle needs to be made bigger.

Ak Motomoto

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by basedbabriel View Post
I really don't like it. It feels like a mix of ARAM, Dominion and the lanes from SR. It gives no room for comebacks, whichever team gets the first few kills ends up controlling the game with ease. Also, tanky dps champions are even more valuable in the new TT than the old one; carries need farm in order to be successful, but they can't farm without getting ganked every 30 seconds and dying because there are no wards. The alters really ruin it for me personally.

I've already had 2 games where we were down by 10-15 kills and had no alters the entire game, and somehow still managed to win. Also I have seen squishy AP's like lux and brand pown people as long as they are protected properly. Farming and getting ganked is NOT smart farming. IF your getting ganked when your farming your OVEREXTENDING, it has nothing to do with wards. Tanky dps just apears to be the thing right now because its the safed champ to play when you dont know anything about a map.....

All of the things your talking about are just problems a low-elo person would have.