How do you feel about the new Twisted Treeline map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arluxian

10-25-2012

Love the map. Though i must say don't play squishy characters unless you plan on getting fed, or have people to protect you. Regardless of that this map is awesome Riot and yay

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

tl,dr **** the altars--this is the GANK map, let's keeps it that way

twinInsomniac

10-25-2012

I feel like since Vilemaw is harder to kill and towers are harder to push because of shorter death timers, the only objective early game is to capture the altars. This is my main problem with them because this style of gameplay is completely different form the old TT.

If that altars must stay, I'd like for them to stay locked for X amount of minutes (can be adjusted), just so that early game, we aren't forced to play around capturing them. That's too much like Dominion for me.

On the other hand, the art is amazing and I love Vilemaw's opening animation *_* Thanks to Riot for paying attention to TT, even if the changes aren't perfect. I'm just happy that you're trying

Cheeto101

10-25-2012

How I feel about it is that I havn't played it enough to form a truly informed opinion about it and rather then posting a knee jerk, whiny opinion based on a couple games, Im going to play it for a solid week or two until I feel like a have a handle on how the map flows overall.

Whizzard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Not even close to the old TT

TooCuteToPvP

10-25-2012

Why do you even call this map Twisted Treeline? Twisted Treeline is dead and what we currently have is nothing else but DOMINION.

I say redo 5v5 map TOO ..why not... just stick a couple of altars here and there, speed buff and HP regeneration rate buffs in the middle so people would stop laning(Those ancient 2 bot,1 top,1 mid^^) but come to the middle instead and roam chaotically around the map. I say you should also make random weapons spawn too ... NOW THIS WILL BE A GOOD UPDATE! And G-D forbid you guys making this a SEPERATE mode, because you do not really change gameplay COMPLETELY, you simply slightly adjust it.

RIP Twisted Treeline

xXLightRainXx

10-25-2012

My message in my account:

The New TT Sucks Hard.

Vistani

10-25-2012

i really hate the altars but i like the rest.

Jungle Lux

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
I do not understand the comparisons between Dominion (henceforth, referred to as Dom) and the new Twisted Treeline (henceforth, nTT). I seriously do not. The similarities start and end at 'there are capturable points'.

I'm not comparing Dominion to nTT, not at all. I'm just saying i don't see why the old one should be replaced, when we have a excellent use for it. IE Training for new players, learning new strategies, learning time management for dragon, where and when to ward, new builds, learning team comp and team gameplay. Sure you can do all this on summoners rift, but some don't prefer it. I know there are differences between oTT and Dom. and one of the most respected differences is that it has Ranked, not only do these differences make them new and exciting, it poses a more brad variety of gameplay, which is what Riot is all about.(or so they say) and with these diffrences and changes come questions such as the ones listed above, and more like:

Whats to become of Ranked?
Is there going to be a Ranked for the nTT
What happens with my Rank with oTT
When should we expect balance changes within this new map
What strategies can a non bruiser, such as Soraka, Evelynn, Nasus, just to name a few.
Alot of champs got changed JUST FOR THE FACT OF DOM.. are there going to be new changes with new champs for nTT

These questions are what experienced players are asking for, and need to be addressed. I think we can almost all say that this change blew us out of the water. It was random, not alot of people are ready for it, nor liking the fact that the oTT is gone. Now you can say like all the other neutral players "Just get on with it, and stop complaining" but if we just did that, Rammus would still be OP, Soraka would still be OP, any tanky dps especially Olaf would still be OP.

As a community we have made loads of progress, and thru all the b***hing and whining, we have accomplished and progressed together.

But still, with all the stuff seen on the forums what problem did the oTT pose for its deletion?

iGrooves

10-25-2012

I feel like the altars make the game snowball to one team to heavily. I have played 10 games on the NEW TT now and I have had every game every one sided. Does anyone else feel this way?