How do you feel about the new Twisted Treeline map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makaki

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguid View Post
I don't think this new map should replace twisted treeline
That will solve 99.99% of problems. Leave the old twisted treeline alone, and give this map a new name. Something like Haunted Forest, idk.

The game could use "more" maps anyway. Not add one and take one away.

WrathgarWarlord

10-25-2012

New TT= Steaming POS.

Icefoxemily

10-25-2012

TT was never meant to be so faced pace i don't like the map riot need to go with the offical potition and make it its own (sorry for spelling errors I don't feel like fixing them)

GuSsHh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I love the old TT. Red buff, dragon buff, movement speed buff. I love it
I didnt like the new "remake" at all.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

JUST IGNORE THE ALTARS, come from a game where the enemy did everything to get the altars we just free farmed the lanes (what? i'm a Dominion player but i still know what farming is, a neccessary eevil) and ended up with a Fed FIora and a somewhat fed Diana rofltomping the Enemy team
in other words we just outfarmed and killed them, Altars seem nice but the bonus they give is alckluster compared with what you can get by just farming.

yuppyyoda

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaki View Post
That will solve 99.99% of problems. Leave the old twisted treeline alone, and give this map a new name. Something like Haunted Forest, idk.

The game could use "more" maps anyway. Not add one and take one away.

Agree, clean up the graphics on the old TT to look more like SR ande make this new TT a different 3v3 name. This will give players choice that they have not had in the past. Go one step further and make it 4v4 since the map is fast... this changes the strategy. I can't count the times that I have been in queue for a 3v3 and a 4th friend signed on and asked to play.

RoketPoweredFilo

10-25-2012

So far love it, it's faster paced, brought out some of my fav ap squiahie's..... My only gripe is there goes 2 weeks of ranking up my 3's on the old map....

Windguid

10-25-2012

It has a good concept, but i honestly think that it has some MAJOR balance issues that need to be addressed.. i know we are all constantly addressing them for just that same message of "We will look into it" statement, but, what if we miss the old twisted treeline... I mean lets face it, we all had at least 1 or 2 good memories with it. It wouldnt be nice to just scrap it, and push it to the side... If anything revise it and make it new, new graphics for the place, no new gameplay

Boagster

10-25-2012

I do not understand the comparisons between Dominion (henceforth, referred to as Dom) and the new Twisted Treeline (henceforth, nTT). I seriously do not. The similarities start and end at 'there are capturable points'. Now, to contrast:

• The nTT points are secondary objectives, not primary objectives like in Dom.
  • The nTT points are situated in the jungle, away from the primary goal of the map.
  • The nTT points cannot be constantly flipped between controllers as the Dom points can, due to the 90 second delay before being recapturable.
  • The Dom points provide constant vision, while the nTT altars provide vision only for 90 seconds after being captured.
  • The Dom points only provide temporary buffs at certain moments during the match, while the nTT altars provide buffs constantly so long as you control them.
  • Ignoring points is often an option in nTT; ignoring points in Dom will lose you the game.

The primary objective of nTT is still to take down your enemy turrets in order to destroy the enemies' nexus. The argument that the nTT is fast-paced is not an argument that they made it into Dominion - it's what they always said Twisted Treeline was supposed to be. I do not see why they should apologise for trying to change it to what they said they wanted it to be - a shorter, faster-paced match similar to (but not the same as) Summoner's Rift.

I feel they have hit the nail on the head - there is still laning; there is still a jungle that can be taken advantage of, either exclusively by a jungler or by the team between waves; you still have to push to take turrets; there is still a boss monster to fight over. They changed how the secondary objectives behave - instead of small mini-boss jungle camps to fight over, you have capturable altars that provide a more constant bonus.

As someone who hates Dominion, liked the old Twisted Treeline, and absolutely loves Summoner's Rift, I have to say - now that I've played on it, I think the new Twisted Treeline is an improvement, but I will withhold saying so for sure until we get more playtime on it.

badboy of greece

10-25-2012

the new twisted treeline is worst ever pls change it