[Suggestion] Rune Combiner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

765Immortal

07-31-2009

I'm not sure if this issue has been raised elsewhere. When I combine runes, the combined rune eventually floats into the rune list on the left. It may seem logical, but it's really just annoying. That's because the combined rune is ginormous and hides my rune list, albeit for a short time, causing me to have to wait for that animation to occur before I can continue to combine runes. Also, the tooltip is still activated on the combined rune, even though its stats are defined on the right side.

I suggest maybe having the combined rune to shrink, float, and fade to the top-right corner, where the drop-down list is located, but have it fade before it covers up the drop-down list. I guess the same animation could occur in the direction of the rune list, but the covering up portion of the animation now is the most significant annoyance.

This may be more of an issue now in beta, since the only way to get runes is through randomly getting them and combining them. I'm not sure what people will think after launch. But, for anyone who is power-combining their runes, it does get quite annoying.

Phalanx

07-31-2009

I can't agree more. When you are frantically trying to get the runes you need the slow down caused by the new rune floating over takes me out of synch and frustrated that hell out of me. I know its small, but still is really annoying.

Lendari

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Keep in mind in retail there won't be a lot of combining because you will buy the precise run you need from a store.

Coleman

08-02-2009

Is that confirmed? It has been floating around that there will be a way for free players to obtain runes as well.

Either way the interface for rune combining seems needlessly slow. Why can't we double click runes and have them pop over? Why such a long animation? It all seems really unecessary. I feel bad for the art guy who had to make those animations if they are cut or shortened, but it would really make the end user experience more enjoyable, or rather, less irritating.

JayceJa

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
Is that confirmed? It has been floating around that there will be a way for free players to obtain runes as well.
free to play players will get the points to buy runes from playing games apparently, so the same system would be used for both