%pen before flat pen in S3 confirmed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Meddler post: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...55102#30655102

Like i said, just wait it out. Things are changing.

konfetarius

10-25-2012

TLDR flat or % penetration are going to be nerfed on their own and nerf tripen or void/whisper only builds to prevent stacking of both from being OP.

Build diversity, gotchya Riot.

Also, wut, how can the current values be designed around this current order when those values were created when the reversed order was in place?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
You can now build a lw/void staff and flat pen to bring someone to 0 resistance... wow that's a long time coming!
My Diana just got really Happy.

VoidInsanity

10-25-2012

They intend to nerf tanky dps with this change however that will not work because values closer to zero give higher dps returns. Here is an example.

50 pen +50% vs 100 armour - Old = 25, new = zero
50 pen +50% vs 200 armour - Old = 75, new = 50

In this case it is a buff to tanky dps, nerf to everything else. However.

100 pen +50% vs 100 armour - old = zero, new = zero
100 pen +50% vs 200 armour - old = 50, new = zero

It is a nerf to tanky dps in situations where true damage was being dealt in the first place. But do we really want to nerf tanky dps by having everyone do true damage to everything? It'd rather they just nerf lifesteal so champions can't get 1/2 their hp back from a crit.

Aparkhurst

10-25-2012

Shred comps incoming.

Tempestphile

10-25-2012

I still dont understand why? So our typical AP champ building 1 armor is gonna be stupid now or??

HaIfhearted

10-25-2012

Hmm, so what Meddler said makes me think that either they will nerf the numbers on the items (30% shred LW/Void anyone?) or else they will make flat and % pens unstackable or something else.

I'm rather worried, but I guess I can only wait and see.

DiscworldDeath

10-25-2012

They're going to change a lot. Items, this, masteries. Best just see it all when it arrives together. I'm sure it'll take a while to digest.

The Fizznity

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
If they nerf defences and make this change...well it's a little concerning. It's going to shift things towards everyone stacking damage and maybe health, since armour/mres is going to become trivial. LW and Void are going to need nerfs after this, along with the CS aura pen bonuses. Or as Fdru said Riot will fubar it entirely and it's warmogs/FM rush for everyone to survive.
Ill take it over "durr stack ALL the defense and still dunk you into the ground because its impossible to scratch the paint"...

Westlin

10-25-2012

Kha'Zix will only need LW and Brutalizer and he will destroy everything