Carpet of Snow [Closed RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Kumiho

11-16-2012

Ahri was oddly concerned for her Ionian companion as she parted away, her breath misting in the frosty air with a slow hum of approval. Though the other's lips had been slightly cold, the fox was not disappointed - both in texture or in feel. Though she did wonder if Irelia had gone into cardiac arrest whilst standing up, for while the taste of the other woman did not displease her, the fact that the other had remained motionless through the whole act did not go unnoticed by the Kumiho. While she thought it was a good thing that Irelia had not screamed and slapped the poor fox away on grounds of invasion, she didn't really seem happy about it either.

Ahri pouted as Irelia continued to stand as if she had done something absolutely horrifying, at least to the nine-tailed female it seemed that way. Her ears twitched at the subconscious motion, her hand still clasped onto the Ionian Captain's shoulder and Ahri was hit with a sudden desire to make things right. Irelia was giving no indication at this present moment in time as to whether or not Ahri's gesture was appreciated, and so said fox would give the other no chance to decide it wasn't too late to cancel their outing.

"To keep you warm," she offered, rubbing her palm over Irelia's bare skin lightly. "I suppose it didn't help - you look as pale as snow." Ahri teased with a grin, her mouth running now as she continued to blabber aimlessly. "I've heard that people share their body heat and such with each other when the weather is like this. Animals too." Her fur tail brushed against Irelia's cheek. "If anything, I can keep you warm far better than anyone else - and I can do it with my clothes on."

Ask Irie

11-16-2012

Irelia nodded once hesitantly, her hand still caressing her lips with ghosting fingers. "Yes.. Of course.." she got out. Still, the momentary excitement that had accompanied her surprise had drifted away ephemerally. A feeling of loss strangely filling its gap. Moving away from her mouth, Irelia's hand turned its attention to the tail softly flitting against her face. She ran her fingers through the luxuriant fur, brushing it tenderly.

"Thank.. you then.." Irelia spoke before she realized Ahri's own flushed and cool skin. Her next words were born of a concern that was sparked from how Ahri had chosen to dress. "S-surely you must be freezing! I-I'll be fine, you need to keep the warmth far more than I, especially with that flimsy dress you wear!" Suddenly filled with an inexplicable sense of desire to keep the foxgirl comfortable. Irelia rashly stepped forward and brought her arms around to link behind Ahri, encircling the kumiho in a somewhat cold, although certainly warmer than their surroundings, embrace.

Carefully, she ran her hands along the kitsune's back, envying Ahri the silky splendor of her hair, though cautiously warming her exposed back. "This dress won't help you at all and you're trying to keep me warm.." She spoke softly, her voice full of bewildered concern and compassion. Wary of becoming indecent, she confined her hands to the upper half of Ahri's back. Snow continuing to fall around them as they embraced.

Ask the Kumiho

11-16-2012

Ahri was taken aback by Irelia's rather sudden outburst, her eyes growing wide for a split second. "Eh? No, I'm alrigh--" Before she could finish her sentence, however, the Ionian had all but thrown herself at the fox. She flinched slightly at her companion's chilled palms pressed against her back. Though the sudden contact on her sensitive flesh brought forth a small gasp, she was rather thankful as her body immediately began to warm up - though Ahri suspected it was not solely from the hug itself.

"Well, I was about to say I'm fine but I don't mind this either." The Kitsune mentioned smugly. She herself was not restrained by concerns of decency, and her hands decided they quite enjoyed the small of Irelia's back as she nestled her nose into the other's shoulder with a breathy sigh. "You're not too well off either," she mentioned. Though Ahri's manner of dress was a little more... exposed, Irelia's own certainly wasn't made for tramping around in the freezing cold.

She opened her eyes to the milky curve of the Ionian's neck, tilting her head up slightly to press a kiss against Irelia's jaw before pulling herself upright again. "Though as much as I'd like to stand here, it would be wise to move ourselves out of the snow before it gets too deep." Ahri made no move to unclasp Irelia's hands from her form, instead raising an eyebrow with a smile as she waited.

Ask Irie

11-17-2012

Irelia turned her head down, her eyes suddenly hidden by the veil of her hair as she flushed a faint crimson red, before she looked back up to Ahri. She nodded hesitantly and offered the kitsune a soft smile, her hands still tracing a soothing path across her shoulders. "Okay.. I guess you already have a place in mind then?" She asked murkily, replaying in her mind over the scene that had just unfolded, with her attention dwelling on the feel of her companions lips on her skin, on her own. She reluctantly disengaged from the Fox after giving her a last tight hug.

Her hands clasped in front of her, she shook her head to clear her mind and looked to Ahri inquisitively. Biting her lip as she saw the soft furs of her tails bristle with frost and once again feeling another sharp pang of distress and the surprisingly strong urge to keep Ahri both safe and happy. Inexplicably, she put the feelings down to the companionship they had shared, were sharing, and seemingly were going to continue to share. Her eyes bright and happy, Irelia smiled gently for Ahri.

Ask the Kumiho

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Irie View Post
Irelia turned her head down, her eyes suddenly hidden by the veil of her hair as she flushed a faint crimson red, before she looked back up to Ahri. She nodded hesitantly and offered the kitsune a soft smile, her hands still tracing a soothing path across her shoulders. "Okay.. I guess you already have a place in mind then?" She asked murkily, replaying in her mind over the scene that had just unfolded, with her attention dwelling on the feel of her companions lips on her skin, on her own. She reluctantly disengaged from the Fox after giving her a last tight hug.

Her hands clasped in front of her, she shook her head to clear her mind and looked to Ahri inquisitively. Biting her lip as she saw the soft furs of her tails bristle with frost and once again feeling another sharp pang of distress and the surprisingly strong urge to keep Ahri both safe and happy. Inexplicably, she put the feelings down to the companionship they had shared, were sharing, and seemingly were going to continue to share. Her eyes bright and happy, Irelia smiled gently for Ahri.
Ahri laughed and grabbed hold of Irelia's hand this time tugging with urgency as they began to trudge through the snowy forest floor once again. Though the ground was blanketed, it was not yet thick enough to soak her bones. Which was something the fox was rather afraid of, remembering an unfortunate time where she had gotten stuck in such weather. A small shudder rippled through her and she quickened her pace in profound silence with a determined expression etched across her face. Dying in the snow was incredibly painful.

Upon reaching the end of the forest, she didn't even pause to wonder at the beauty of the Ionian city. Winter flowers bloomed in small patches and dim lights marked the continuous evening as both Ahri and Irelia marched forward. The Placidium was a home within a home, and the fox could not help but let out a relieved sigh. It was, as they say, where the heart lay. Here she nudged Irelia forward - while Ahri could have gotten into the city with no problems from those guarding the entrance, it was a little cruelty from her. A selfish desire, if you will.

Ahri, the fox of desires with the revered Ionian captain? How extravagant!

Ask Irie

11-19-2012

With a fond smile, Irelia turned away from the kitsune and once again reassumes a a mask of terse engagement. Indifferently, she crossed over to and returned the salutes of two soldiers stationed at the outer boundary of the city. Since the establishment of the League, militaristic positions such as these were largely ceremonial. And this was evidenced with the lax calmness they exhibited in their immediate salutes. As the unlikely duo passed these poor sods they returned to their prior engagement, a lax game of cards at a table by the side.

As they finally entered he city proper, Irelia repositioned herself so that she was at Ahri's left shoulder as they walked. Tenderly, she gave Ahri a smug smile and attempted to reach out and grasp the kumiho's hand, seeking to link her fingers through with Ahri's beneath the robe like sleeve of her armor. She exhaled a breathy sigh and pointedly continued to guide them deeper into the snow-blanketed beauty of the Ionian capital.

For truthfully, Ahri was not the only one stirred and feeling more comfortable in the heart of their homeland..

Ask the Kumiho

11-20-2012

Ahri watched, closer than she would have ever admitted to, as Irelia approached the lethargic males guarding the entrance to the Placidium. It was interesting to watch the female transform in the blink of an eye, to the position of Captain. Calm, poised yet friendly towards the guards. A distant sort of gesture, and one not unfamiliar to her as she recalled the demeanor in which Irelia had first presented when she first laid her eyes upon the Blade Mistress on the Fields. Guarded and collected, yet it had only been a mere hour in which Ahri had experienced the myriad of emotions which plagued humans. A small smile crossed her face as she gave her own childish salute to the men as she passed them, though they were already back to focusing on their game with the frosted cards.

The change in attitude surprised the Kumiho as she felt the other's bold gesture, intertwining fingers and Ahri relented readily. The warmth immediately spread through her fingertips and up her arm, coursing through her veins. This time, it was not the fox that lead the heart and she realized that she didn't quite mind it. Especially with such an expression currently painted on the other Ionian's face.

"I suppose there's no real need for protection," she said absently, "After all, considering how many times people have tried..." Ahri didn't know if this was a sensitive subject for Irelia. She herself wasn't around for much of the terrible massacre and though words flew on swift wings, Ahri didn't consider herself a part of it. Ionia was her home, but she didn't quite have the same patriotic sense as others. It was a little funny to imagine herself attempting to wield a sword, and not for the first time this night, she giggled despite the heavy weight of the topic at hand.

Ask Irie

11-20-2012

Irelia's hand stiffened around Ahri's, her grip momentarily tightening around the Fox's before relaxing. She nodded sadly, older memories bringing mixed feelings of nostalgia and anguish. "Many have.." She agreed reticently. "But such times are past I hope.. As long as we have the League Ionia is safe, isn't that the important part?" She spoke with a sullen, though grim determination. Irelia was fully prepared to lay down her life in defense of her homeland, but sensing the dark turn in her thoughts she reestablished where she was. Apologetically, she linked her arm around the kitsune's, her hand still grasping the other's gently.

Unsure of where else to go, Irelia eventually led her companion to the modest home she maintained outside of her dwellings at the Institute. Already the morning sun was shining through the white-clad trees and rooftops, casting everything with a faint pink glow as the first rays of sunrise fell. Almost musingly, she recalled how their trip had lasted the entirety of the night at the club, a good portion of the night aboard the ship sleeping, and now the brilliant dawn they were sharing. Tentatively, she had opened the door and was standing aside to allow Ahri entrance.

Should she care to take notice, the foyer of the home was neither gaudy or ostentatious, affecting a starkly simple comfort in its decorum. Most of the decoration consisted of several paintings of various landscapes from across Valoran Irelia had procured. Accompanying these were several portraits of her brother, Zelos, and her father, Lito, with a single one of the three of them.Anything else not necessary to maintaining a home held a deeper, more sentimental connection. A small paper lantern hanging in the rafters cast a soft light over the main room.

Ask the Kumiho

11-21-2012

Ahri did not miss the contraction, immediately regretting (though not really) bringing up the topic. Thankfully Irelia did not seem too offended by it, rather saddened. "Of course," she said brightly. It was here where the fox felt a little guilty for not even thinking about something like that. After all, she did not join the League for Ionia but for her own wishes and desires. But perhaps the two didn't have to be mutually exclusive, one was just a little more closer to her heart. She smiled nervously at the Irelia's shuffled closeness, wondering if she was about to experience being thrown and while the thought itself was quite... bizarre, Ahri didn't really know what to expect. It was wonderful.

Only after a few minutes had passed did the fox realize that Irelia was still leading her around and that they had arrived at what appeared to be the Captani's quarters. Almost just as suddenly, she also realized that they had not eaten for the whole night save for a few nibbles on biscuits she had secretly hoarded from the Battle Bunny. Ahri squeezed her eyes shut as a very quiet rumble was heard from her stomach, though too quiet to be noticed she definitely felt the beginnings of a gnawing hunger. She cracked her eyes open only to see Irelia off to the side - oh, how polite of her! Momentarily forgetting about food or lack thereof, the Kumiho bounced forward, her eyes already bright with curiosity.

The quiet atmosphere contrasted starkly with the fox's bubbly countenance and Ahri softened her steps as she looked a little more closely. Despite the bare floors and walls, it still felt like more of a home than anywhere else she had been. Though 'anywhere else' was usually accompanied with 'lights off, clothes off'-- "This is nice." A soft compliment in an attempt to banish those thoughts from her mind. She approached the pictures of Irelia and her family, supposedly, fingers reaching up to touch them yet halting herself at the last possible second.

It was... interesting to realize the differences between them. Ahri barely gave a thought to the family she had left behind, barely noted the past suffering of Ionia while Irelia would have given her everything - had given everything to her home and her people. The fox could not help but chuckle quietly to herself before spinning on her heel to face the woman in her thoughts, hands clasped behind her back. "How long have you been living by yourself?" A pause. "Can you cook?"

Ask Irie

12-13-2012

Irelia had been watching Ahri intently, hoping that her modest home would not offend her companion's somewhat extravagant sensibilities. She had thought that the kitsune was at least enjoying the portraits along her wall and idly thought of how they would have gotten along, hopefully well. "Can you cook?" The one trivial question drew her attention away from her daydreams and back to Ahri, now standing inquisitively in front of her. Hesitantly, Irelia nodded, "I can.. a little, but not very well I think."

Nervously, she blinked quickly and sighed, reluctant to divulge that she could cook, seeing it as one of those quaint little feminine things that could cause her to be seen as weak, regardless of how irrational a fear that was and how necessary such a skill was to living. Irelia raised her eyes to Ahri's once more, accepting the hunger in the kitsune's eyes.

"Yes," she spoke slowly, "I can cook." She leaned back against the wall and smiled for the woman she was spending her company with. "What would you like me to cook for you.. Ahri?" She asked, immediately regretting it, foxes were cunning and hungry creatures, and she began to worry that those qualities would not have been lost on Ahri's ascendance to her new form. Warily she silently hoped that she would be able to satisfy the kitsune, in whatever manner requested of her.