Elo Hell S3.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cmplex

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Alright so everytime I've played with my low elo friend he has pulled me down. I went from a 1,300 elo to 600. In S3 will the first 10 matches depend where you go?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

The first ten matches will re-place you, but they will use your current ELO as a baseline, rather then 1200 - at least per my understanding.

Granted, if you're actually a 1300 ELO player, you should have no trouble working your way back up from 600 =P That's how ELO works.

GaviNNN

Recruiter

10-25-2012

If you played at a 1300 elo skill theres no reason you should have gone that low. I carried myself and a friend from 800 elo to 1.1k+
note: (I'm currently at 1300-1330)

BlacJack

10-25-2012

Not to start another debate that's been done a million times, but it's pretty impossible to argue that this elo system is perfect. I can regularly smash people at 1400-1500 elo, but i rarely stay that high because I seem to get very long streaks of ragers/leavers or feeders that bring me back down. I very rarely face an opponent that is actually difficult for me in my lane, but carrying 3 or 4 people who manage to give the enemy 8 deaths per person before the 20 min mark is beyond my skill level for sure.

Maybe I always get lucky and face against people who shouldn't be in that high an elo, so they aren't a good representation of it. Either way, it shows that the elo system hardly works very well for a team based game. IMO, if you are a 2k+ player (aka very good) then of course you can drag yourself out of elo hell. If you are just an average gold level player and somehow get stuck in it, you can find yourself down there for months.

*edit*
And to clarify, I feel that "elo hell" encompasses 1300 and below (maybe even slightly higher). The ragers, and people who afk type to prove childish points seem to begin thinning out slightly at the 1400 area.

SmallSushi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

The first 10 matches will most likely have a higher effect on your elo. They will most likely give or lose you 40 - 50 elo, much like the placement patches when first playing ranked games. After that, you'll probably still have 10 - 20 matches where you get 20 - 30 elo a game. However, something to remember is that before Season 3 starts, Riot will be giving out a soft elo reset that will put you closer to 1200 elo. If you are 600 elo you will gain a good amount of elo just from the reset.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacJack21 View Post
Not to start another debate that's been done a million times, but it's pretty impossible to argue that this elo system is perfect. I can regularly smash people at 1400-1500 elo, but i rarely stay that high because I seem to get very long streaks of ragers/leavers or feeders that bring me back down. I very rarely face an opponent that is actually difficult for me in my lane, but carrying 3 or 4 people who manage to give the enemy 8 deaths per person before the 20 min mark is beyond my skill level for sure.
How come you're regularly getting these people on your team and never on the enemy team?

Or perhaps when you're "regularly smashing" people at that Elo, it's their team that's getting the players that force your team to lose?

Amoc

10-25-2012

The system is mathematical. Play enough games, get enough of a sample size, and your solo queue elo WILL be correct. Your opponents get **** team mates just as much as you do. Arguing against the math and the statistics is pointless. It's self-serving delusion. I'm better than anyone else at my elo. I'm a special snowflake...

eLeeTeR

10-25-2012

i would have to say that if someone truely was a 1300+ elo player he could help carry a teammate. My friend was 700 elo and i was 1150 we began to play together and i went all the way to 1450ish and brought him to 1200's it is not impossible you jus have to work together and you truely have to be a good player. In the 600's and 700's you get matched with a lot of kids who are AWEFUL so you have to carry.

Thorston13

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeeTeR View Post
i would have to say that if someone truely was a 1300+ elo player he could help carry a teammate. My friend was 700 elo and i was 1150 we began to play together and i went all the way to 1450ish and brought him to 1200's it is not impossible you jus have to work together and you truely have to be a good player. In the 600's and 700's you get matched with a lot of kids who are AWEFUL so you have to carry.
I agree with you, if you say you're an elo bracket, then you can carry yourself out of the hellhole, but, me for example each time i get to 1k+ elo i get those teams that have 3 feeders, or one or two guys that don't have any idea how to play their picks and the such and i tend to fall off to 950+ elo, and it's the same. I don't blame the system, i blame myself for solo queuing and not being able to carry. I must say that im a proper any role, i win lane and gank or just farm, hard push and go on to helping other lanes. But this players that can't do anything right, being that they just prematurely started ranked or just have no idea how to play the champs tend to push me down.