Smite on new TT?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbane View Post
He just hatin' on all your potential money makin'
Seriously though, do what you want, unless its ranked than win lose or draw its just a game
so ranked isn't just a game then?

Rejuvination

10-27-2012

a smite is almost required just to prevent those easy vilemaw plays, otherwise you have no pressure to be there.anyone who says smite is worthless on either TT is pretty misinformed

Warbane

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
so ranked isn't just a game then?
No its not, its a competition, maybe on a smaller scale than the nfl, but win lose or draw, actually matters. My only point is that unless you are playing ranked you shouldnt worry about others, but when you put other peoples ranking at risk, you should go with what honestly WORKS.
Btw, on topic, smite is fine, I have a 7-0 winstreak as Zyra on TT currently using promote, so anything possible, amirite?

Leblonjames

10-27-2012

I play shyvana with smite. its very good. You can secure the main objective with it too. I dont understand why you dont want smite. I can clear jungle very fast and make good ganks with exhaust.

Taarki

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
The map has only been on live for 2 days...

I'd hold off on calling anything "generally accepted" until the meta has actually developed. In addition, this is still the Beta of the map and things will change between now and season 3.
like possible getting the old TT map playable again and putting it back under the TT name and this going under SI name?
otherswise i think if you have the mastery point where you get +10 gold when you use smite then it is probably more accepted

AtlaStar

10-27-2012

I honestly think jungling on the new TT is much more important than the old, and jungle camps respawn fast enough that taking smite with that extra 10 gold, plus having alter control, plus being free to gank without going mia to the enemy team has many advantages over doing a 1-2 lane option...plus for whatever reason the duo lane goes bot, when it would make much more sense to go top lane for vilemaw control, shorter lanes, and better entry points to the speed shrine for taking alters

Snippa

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlaStar View Post
I honestly think jungling on the new TT is much more important than the old, and jungle camps respawn fast enough that taking smite with that extra 10 gold, plus having alter control, plus being free to gank without going mia to the enemy team has many advantages over doing a 1-2 lane option...plus for whatever reason the duo lane goes bot, when it would make much more sense to go top lane for vilemaw control, shorter lanes, and better entry points to the speed shrine for taking alters
Great point on going 2 top for Vilemaw control!
I am personally still not convinced even after reading all the arguments in this thread that smite is worth taking... Maybe I need some more time on the map, haven't been able to play it much since my team has had fps issues though.

White Pony

10-27-2012

The new 3s jungle is too easy and completely boring. I can't think of any reason you'd need smite. The large boss is pretty easy to contest and steal or secure even without it with proper positioning. I'd drop smite for a more useful spell on such a confined map like exhaust or ignite.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Taking smite really helps with jungle clearing and coming out on top in levels to gank. Also it helps you get back into the game if you are set slightly back from some level 1 invade. Smiting the large wolf or large golem (depending on which jungler you are, different junglers will start differently and clear at different speeds) really effectively helps you get to lv 3 where you are most effective to come out of the jungle for a gank.

MrSmileyy

10-28-2012

smite isnt needed, but can let you jungle VERY quickly, at the loss of a summoner in teamfights. Its more a choice, if you do take smite, use that extra time for greater presence, or harass their jungle side.