Smite on new TT?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corinthe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

So on the shadow isles 3s, is smite being taken no longer generally accepted?
I jumped into a 3s tonight and was greeted with the following:

P: hope u are not idiots
P: well heca is with smite but
P: get off that smite noob
P: omg
P: IDIOT!
J: no smite
P: SMITE
J: OMG
J: NO SMITE NOOB
P: retarded P****

I know that this is the view of only a few players, but I'm surprised to see such hate for smite unless there is an established view that smite is not needed to jungle effectively.

What do you guys think about smite? Is exhaust more effective overall? Should I be using other summoners instead?

chaser676

10-25-2012

Smite isn't required, and it's going to be a good deal harder making clutch smite steals without having wards

Kirbunis

10-26-2012

Not only have I been raged at for taking smite, but I've been raged at for jungling in general on the new map.

And they always end up apologizing when I give them a win through altar control and ganks.

Bassmann

10-26-2012

I try both with and without. I havent decided which I like better. most random teammates hate me when I take it but I actually do get a lot of smite steals on the jungle. If you are using a single target champ, smite will speed up your jungle, but for someone like amumu, it doesnt help speed up the jungle but it does help get steals on the enemy small camp. ALSO, when you are stealing the enemy alter, if you have a range skillshot to pull a camp, you can pull a monster and smite it while still taking the alter.

So I think it really is effective for most dedicated junglers

chaser676

10-27-2012

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24967293#history

That's how smite worked for me, even when I built derpy items

Vesh

Game Designer

10-27-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The map has only been on live for 2 days...

I'd hold off on calling anything "generally accepted" until the meta has actually developed. In addition, this is still the Beta of the map and things will change between now and season 3.

Glyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Had the honor of playing against Vesh just some time ago. Needless to say, my team got stomped xd. gg still lol. First time with rioter! felt very honored =)
(i was the ahri that game)

infinite azure

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
The map has only been on live for 2 days...

I'd hold off on calling anything "generally accepted" until the meta has actually developed. In addition, this is still the Beta of the map and things will change between now and season 3.
Please for the love of god, stop saying that it's "still in beta"

You used this thing to replace an established map for the final 10 days of this season, that doesn't fly.

bandaidsaregood

10-27-2012

Something being a Beta means it's in a testing phase. This map has already been tested, released, and disliked. Calling this a map in beta is a lame way to wave away negative criticism.

Hotarukin

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandaidsaregood View Post
Something being a Beta means it's in a testing phase. This map has already been tested, released, and disliked. Calling this a map in beta is a lame way to wave away negative criticism.
I love the map. I'm a little iffy on the ultra-up-close angle, as it negatively affects my ability to play high-range nukers, but... hey. If it helps them set up the meta without throwing out random rules, I'm all for it.