Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who do you think is more overpowered?

Shaco 7 7.07%
Teemo 38 38.38%
Xin Zhao 54 54.55%
Voters 99 .

Any Tips On Dealing With OP Champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doombotMECHA

10-28-2012

Quote:
Invisibleally:
Some champions are unfair. The only tactics I can offer that can hammer down some of them is a frequent and powerful poke (I use magic pen with Mundo's cleaver) to make them either fall back or charge into an unwinnable situation.... or simply deal such high damage with such high penetration that you are able to get them before they get you.

Xin Zhao was already ridiculous and when he recently got buffed I am just beside myself. There's no way this character is fair. He's great offensively and defensively with no weakness. Similarly, I refer to Darius as a Tank-Carry hybrid because he has boatloads of natural defense and damage. Buy boots and then warmog's and he's unstoppable (you can of course, build even more damage). After seeing many Shyvana's dominate, I reviewed her abilities on the league wiki and realized that ALL of her skills synergize with one another. Stacking Tiamats on Shyvana and using her basic-attack-boosting skill allows you to spike entire teams with crazy attack damage.

**Edit: Anyone who says that a champion's weakness is "stuns" or "high burst damage" is a friggin' idiot. That's the weakness of EVERY CHAMPION IN THE GAME. Who resists burst damage? Tryndamere? Kayle? lol, Yeah for about 4 seconds.

on the shyv comment: yes, but now you're stuck with **** defenses, no sustain, and pretty much screwed after your ult wears off--oh yeah and that's at FULL BUILD BTW. some champs are actually resistant to burst--TANKS, namely. yi is weak ot stuns b/c even a 0cs taric has nearly enough dps to kill him b4 the stun wears off. oh yeah and btw darius is weak to long-ranged soft cc while his grab is off cd--and even when he DOES have it, he still can't 1v5 an entire team, and he can't escape either (unless hes against a team comp of yorick+nasus+veigar+elise+etc. who all can't chase worth *, but that's common sense.)

i do love a good rant

Sacred Stride

10-28-2012

tl;dr 6 votes shaco. dumb pool. dumb people. thought i was watching a Romney Ad.

So True II

10-28-2012

I think I started laughing the moment I read Teemo

Ear

12-28-2012

you should look at championselect.com to look at the best counters. and i believe right now malphite+randuins omen counters xin zhao the most, i frown upon anyone who plays xin zhao or akali. because i see one of these (if not both) in every freaken match. it gets ungodly annoying. especially when they talk **** during or after the game, or protecting themselves trying to defend the fact that they arent op. or by saying "mad" stupid ass kids love saying that.

MaxAltair

12-28-2012

Surprisingly you forgot to mention Jax in your OP list

Jaravan Caravan

01-04-2013

Bro... There's something you gotta understand... Each champ specializes in doing something and doing it well and at which point in the game they can do it best. For example...

LeBlanc - HUGE unrivaled early game burst damage but falls off hard late game

Or

Nasus - Worst early game champ ever... But if he can farm at 30:00 in you better surrender cuz he will have 600 on his Q.

Learn about each champ and their skills and when they are strongest then talk about op.

Jesot

01-04-2013

For almost all of the champs mentioned, the answer is Irelia. Also, all of the champs mentioned are pub stompers.

ChampAtog

01-04-2013

None of the champions you mentioned need a nerf. Darius is easy to counter with a QSS if you're AD or an hourglass if you're AP, the rest are counted by either warding or knowing their ranges and not engaging (engaging morde alone is suicide, his only ranged harass is easy to dodge and he has no engagement abilities) and malphite is just a matter of potions and flask to keep your HP up and waiting till his mana's burned through to engage on him. As Renekton go in when you have double fury, stun him, q, then double dash through minions away to harass him, once his mana's gone, throw in an ult and dash through him both times and fight him dead, or just let him leave lane and get an exp advantage.

Judging by your comments about hating junglers because you had to 1v2 I'm SHOCKED that you're level 30, I mean no offense by this, but most level 30 normal games involve a solo top and a jungler, so I don't see why 1v2 tops happen often enough for you to hate having a jungler, and most players LOVE having a 1v2 top, I know I do as Renekton because I just outlevel my opponent, stay back and farm under tower, then get kills when they try to fight me, because I have more skill ranks than them, almost as much farm because they pushed (more farm if they're both farming) and most of my skills are AoE.

I feel like you're just very inexperienced with the game and need a lot more practice before you start talking about who's OP or needs a nerf, and you should blame your losses less on balance and more on inexperience. Balance usually only defines wins and losses in very high level play, or in the case of very big Riot mistakes, like Zyra, who needed an emergency nerf before a tournament because she was that strong, or Diana who was just way overboard on release. If a champion is not the newest champion released and you're elo is below 1700 then balance isn't causing you to lose, your inexperience is causing you to lose. If you want to practice some time, I'd be happy to mentor you a bit, or just play some practice games, so feel free to add me in game if you'd like to take me up on this offer.

EDIT: Also you left out the all-important "N/A" option in your poll above, so don't expect it to be representative of the population of League in any way.

Shesocold

01-04-2013

I heard you're having lane problems well I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 champs but OP ain't one.

Etherimp

01-04-2013

Honestly, all of the champions you mentioned have plenty of counters.

Mordekaiser top lane? Pick Garen, and rofl-stomp him, or ask jungler for ganks.

Darius top lane? Pick Yorick, or play a strong ganking jungler.

Teemo top lane? Again, pick Yorick.

Xin top lane? Pick Teemo, or Malphite, or Jax.

Malphite or Amumu are usually banned in Ranked/Draft, but if they are jungling you can do a lot to stop their rise to late-game power. Firstly, you can help your jungler counter-jungle them. Secondly, you can avoid grouping up to reduce the effectiveness of their ulti. Thirdly, you can carry Teleport on top lane so you can recall and come back to lane without missing a lot of CS, so they don't tower-dive you while you're low. You can also build more defense to make it much more difficult to get dove.

Shyvana is not a great top-laner.. she's much better in the jungle. Renekton is a strong top laner, but he's weak against a few of the champions you listed. Namely Teemo, Malphite, and Xin. Fizz and Cass are both strong mid laners, and but Fizz is weak against Morde, while Cass is strong against him.

I think your problem is all mental. Deciding "This champ is OP so I won't play him" is quite possibly the worst kind of attitude you could have if you want to become a better player and win more games.