Who do you think is more overpowered?

Shaco 7 7.07%
Teemo 38 38.38%
Xin Zhao 54 54.55%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Any Tips On Dealing With OP Champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Royalis

10-25-2012

The first few paragraphs are all opening information, the point of this thread starts on paragraph 6.
---
I love League of Legends, but it's starting to feel like a love hate relationship. I used to enjoy it cause I could use the excuse "I'm newb" when I fed but now when I feed the only excuse I can use is that they're all OP -.o. Of course, I shouldn't be saying that (No matter how true it is), but I seem to be unable to find a way to deal with OP champions other then running and dying or standing next to the turret and dying.

Darius, Rengar, Teemo, ESPECIALLY XIN ZHAO, Mordekaiser, Shaco, Amumu, Malphite, these are just a group of names.

First of all I'd like to get out of the way that I KNOW some of these champs aren't considered OP for most people, but I have a really hard time dealing with them. Teemo ALWAYS seems to beat me unless I'm fed and I get the jump on him, Rengar's jump is basically a sure tell sign that you're about to die, Darius with a frozen mallet makes me want to throw my computer out the window, Xin Zhao can tank a turret and kill you before you can even start to cry (I have no idea how they don't nerf him), Amumu can tank a turret for over 15 seconds and STILL kill me as Renekton even with my ult blown and a fed Katarina on him. Malphite, less OP as a tank but his slow and **** is really annoying considering how much HP he has and the fact that he can spam his slow. Shaco's freaking (Trying not to cuss) jack in the box toy thing does more damage then Lux's ult. Have you ever been ganked by a Shaco? It feels worse then watching someone blow out the candles on your birthday cake or better yet being slapped with a spiked wooden post. And last but not least Mordekaiser who I've had the grace of not having to actually see in a long time but he beats the living hell out of me.

I really, really want to play this game more. I love the champion designs and lore and the game play is actually fun when you don't get told you're a noob, reported for feeding even though you were COMPLETELY trying not to, and when you get ganked by a champion Riot somehow hasn't nerfed yet. Xin Zhao and Teemo especially. It feels like every new champion made since I started playing (Hecarim onward) has been able to kill me with some hell of a move, whether's it's Hecarim's push, Varus's Q, Darius's INCREDIBLY BS ULT, or Rengar's stupid jump. Heck I play Syndra and I'm ashamed because her mana cost is so low when her spells are so OP.

I play as Renekton, Fizz, Cassiopeia, and Shyvana mainly, as these are my favorite looking champions, and sometimes Cho'gath and Syndra. A lot of people would argue that the champs I play are overpowered, but I don't seem to get the memo as I constantly feed against my will.
---
Are there ANY tips that don't involve completely changing my build to a tanky one or trying a new champion? I don't want to play any others, especially not an OP one cause I hate it when a game's too easy and I hate it when a game's unfair. I quite frankly can't believe that Riot hasn't nerfed these champions yet. I was so frustrated when an AP Teemo's mushroom took off half my health as Renekton. Having to recall after JUST leaving the base at full health without even seeing an enemy SUCKS.

On a side note, post your experiences and feelings about this here, I'd like to know how other people feel.

If you think the champs I stated are OP are NOT OP, you can state your opinion but don't expect me to change my mind, because those are the champions I mainly seem to have a problem with and if you think I'm wrong then at least tell me how to deal with them if they're NOT really OP.

No rude comments that comment on skill, no name calling. I've played video games my whole life and while I'll admit I'm not great at online games I'm not terrific and I know for a fact I don't die stupidly, and trust me, I've seen stupid League deaths. I usually die by going in the wrong bush or trying to protect a turret and getting turret dived or being ganked by a jungler.

*ON A SIDE NOTE:*
My last match involved me being Renekton soloing top (I hate junglers) against a Xin Zhao and an Amumu, two of my most hated champions in the game. Even with Rengar helping, Xin Zhao and Amumu were able to turret dive and kill us both at level 4 (Xin died by minions afterwards). This was a problem throughout the whole game, Amumu would turret dive and with his INCREDIBLY unfair amount of HP and decent attack damage kill me. Xin Zhao would 3 shot Rengar and 5 shot me even if I had my ultimate. YES, they were fed, but it was an abusive relationship since I didn't seem to have a choice in the matter. I constantly make a goal of being more careful and trying not to feed but this seems to constantly backfire. I KNOW A GAME IS FUN EVEN IF YOU LOSE but for some people losing CONSTANTLY isn't fun at ALL.

*LASTLY:*

Does anyone have ANY IDEA AT ALL if the champions I mentioned have any chance of getting nerfed in the future? I'd also like to add Akali and Katarina to the list (Akali I hate even when she's on our team because she gets all the kills and otherwise as an enemy can kill you even when you have more kills then her) Katarina otherwise just feels unfair regardless. I don't know exactly what makes her hard to defeat but she usually ends up winning, feel free to argue with me on this one.

I just can't believe champions like Evelynn and Blitzcrank are getting nerfed while champions like Xin Zhao and Teemo get to troll around setting up nuclear mushrooms or jumping at you and throwing you into the air before the turret can even pop a lazer. Not to mention WHAT IS WITH THE PRICING? WHY IS RENEKTON 6300 IP WHEN TEEMO IS LIKE 1350!?

Please help, I want to be better at this game, I play about 3 matches a night usually, I'm level 30 with about 180 wins, and I've played for 3 months.

Notorious P I P

10-25-2012

There is a difference between op and fed champions.

Directw

10-25-2012

So, you own Rengar, That's good.

Rengar can be played in many different ways, solo top, jungle, support bot. I suggest you keep playing Rengar, to know him better in different roles in team. Once you know Rengar better, you will notice other champions' weakness.

By the way, although you have reached lv30, you are still fairly a newb with just only 3 months of experience. Stay with your team all the time and in team fight, attack whoever your teammates are attacking.

Keep these two tips in mind all the time and you should be fine.

I got a question to ask:
Did you setup your runes and masteries properly?

Nishaven90

10-25-2012

Many of those champions that you listed are pubstompers and not even OP.

Royalis

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious P I P View Post
There is a difference between op and fed champions.
Yes there is but these champions usually do more damage output then me at level 1. When it's a tank they do the same amount of damage and TAKE LESS when it's an AD they do more damage and when it's an AP or ranged they harass the **** out of me and I get that the point of League is to use skill but I quite frankly don't see it as fair when tanks can do whatever they want and not DIE.

I'm talking about the OP champions mostly, I know it's more fair otherwise.

Royalis

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven90 View Post
Many of those champions that you listed are pubstompers and not even OP.
I beg to differ since I see a Teemo every damn game. And "OP" depends on the champions you play, I can see how being a Volibear with an insanely OP HP regen (Or Mundo) or being a Xin Zhao you wouldn't have trouble with a simple Teemo or Akali. But people like me who don't play tanks or champions like Shaco have trouble against them and I know you should be careful in that situation but I don't like having to wait 5 minutes just so they can gather the HP to turret dive me.

Royalis

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directw View Post
So, you own Rengar, That's good.

Rengar can be played in many different ways, solo top, jungle, support bot. I suggest you keep playing Rengar, to know him better in different roles in team. Once you know Rengar better, you will notice other champions' weakness.

By the way, although you have reached lv30, you are still fairly a newb with just only 3 months of experience. Stay with your team all the time and in team fight, attack whoever your teammates are attacking.

Keep these two tips in mind all the time and you should be fine.

I got a question to ask:
Did you setup your runes and masteries properly?
Um... No I don't own Rengar, as much as I love big fluffy OP crazy kittens he's disgustingly OP and I refuse to play anything like the sort. Lol. And I do have most of my runes filled. I also wasn't playing by myself when I started I was playing with a guy who has played since the game came out in the same room and he was basically teaching me how to play. It's not like I'm some noobs who's completely clueless.

Note: I'm not going to lie, on AD characters I made my masteries full AD with the leftovers being defense and on AP characters it's full AP with the leftovers also being defense. And on runes I just went with full attack damage because (I'm guessing this is stupid of me) what's the point of having defense? So you can die slower? It's basically either die slower or kill quicker imo.

Ur little sister

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalis View Post
I beg to differ since I see a Teemo every damn game. And "OP" depends on the champions you play, I can see how being a Volibear with an insanely OP HP regen (Or Mundo) or being a Xin Zhao you wouldn't have trouble with a simple Teemo or Akali. But people like me who don't play tanks or champions like Shaco have trouble against them and I know you should be careful in that situation but I don't like having to wait 5 minutes just so they can gather the HP to turret dive me.
Actually, "overpowered" has nothing to do with specific matchups. There are a million reasons a champion can be over or underpowered, but "he counters the champion I play" isn't one of them.

You have the wrong attitude. The best lesson I can give you is this: play the champions you consider "OP". Especially if they're only 1350 IP, what's stopping you? If you consider Teemo to be so impossibly strong, buy him. Get good at him. Either you'll learn his weaknesses, or you'll come to the forums again in a month claiming that Teemo is severely underpowered (depending on whether you change your point of view or not).

Inb4 checking this account: it's a smurf. I'm a 1600 euro player. The thing is you don't know anything about the game yet. When you at your level of play lose games, it's usually due to a poor understanding of the game. (This, by the way, applies until higher levels than you might think. I'm not there yet o.O) Now I hate Teemo. I passionately hate him. But if there's 1 thing he's not, it's overpowered. What you're dealing with with Xin Zhao, Katarina and Akali is mainly not understanding how to fight assassins (which is something I'm seeing A LOT lately. I personally love playing assassins, so I don't have any trouble dispatching of them usually).

If you want to deal with them, positioning and timing are a big factor. You need to know when you're going to win trades (and HOW to win trades. I see too many mages not use auto-attacks for example). You need to know when their strength increases and how (assassins all have very irregular power curves as they level, contrary to other champions). Also, try denying them whenever you can. Assassins either spiral upwards to glory, or downwards to uselessness. There's rarely much in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalis
Um... No I don't own Rengar, as much as I love big fluffy OP crazy kittens he's disgustingly OP and I refuse to play anything like the sort. Lol. And I do have most of my runes filled. I also wasn't playing by myself when I started I was playing with a guy who has played since the game came out in the same room and he was basically teaching me how to play. It's not like I'm some noobs who's completely clueless.

Note: I'm not going to lie, on AD characters I made my masteries full AD with the leftovers being defense and on AP characters it's full AP with the leftovers also being defense. And on runes I just went with full attack damage because (I'm guessing this is stupid of me) what's the point of having defense? So you can die slower? It's basically either die slower or kill quicker imo.
1) Your strategy is to, when you consider a champion overpowered, not play them because you think it's unfair that you'd play a strong champion? That doesn't make sense.
2) The better you get, the more you realize how clueless you are. Positioning is an art in this game.
3) Primary vs secondary runes. Also, having defence = live longer = deal more damage. Defensive stats are good. Here's a guide I wrote on defensive stats/items, I think it might be very handy for you: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...e-items-160571

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

What do you mean you don't play tanks? Alot of the matchups you're describing, as well as the champions you use(Renekton, Shyvana, Cho'gath) seem to be top lane. If you're top, you should at least be building like a bruiser, which means durability.

You also need to build against your opponents' strenghts... AP Teemo shroom took half your health? Either you have very low HP, or very low MR... or both. Build more. Don't want to sacrifice offensive power? Build combination items. Frozen Mallet, Hexdrinker, Wit's End, Atma's Impaler, Rod of Ages, Rylai's Crystal Sceptre, Zhonya's Hourglass, Abyssal Sceptre, Lich Bane, and Unholy Grail all provide offense and defence.

If I could log in right now I'd check the builds in your match history, but I can't do that... I'm beginning to wonder if you're trying to build top champs like AD or AP carries(all offense, no defence). If so, that would explain almost all of the problems you described.

Another possibility is that you simply aren't a good top laner. I'm not. I do the other four roles alot better then I play top. Perhaps you should try out other lanes - you might do better.

Nishaven90

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalis View Post
This is a team game, not a game based around 1v1.