The New Twisted Treeline Beta is Live

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tnizzle84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSquaredIsRippn View Post
alright this new update is terrible, lets start shal we?

- This is Dominion which a pinch of TT.
- The wider lane and less dense jungle causes for nonstop ganging. It's become a deathmatch and it's terrible.
-Various champions can't be played on this map, why? Rammus is a great tank and support champ so hey get rid of him but keep Katirana. Makes perfect sense. (thats sarcasm)
-It's not a map update, it's a new map.
-Volibear is still glitched, whenever you silence him you still get tossed. Total horse ****.
-Can't flash into your base for safety from opposing team. TERRIBLE IDEA
-Can'y flash into enemy base to attack them from behind. TERRIBLE IDEA
I'm expanding on this because I know you will all fight against this. Backdooring is a legitimate strategy. If your to ignorant to watch your towers then so be it. Plus if a team overpowers you then you actually have a vaialbe option. after all the game IS about TOWER KILLS not champion kills.
-Can't use wards, or potions!? ARE YOU FREAKING RETARDED? Stealth champs can roam free now and mess up people simply becuase you can't see them now. Gee thanks riot. (that is also sarcasm). Don't tell me to use the new items either because those are complete garbage. 1 minute cooldown is bs, especially since the ward doesn't last that long. You sucssefully put the game into a state of deathmatch with nothing but ganks fueling in which CAN'T be prevented because there's no vision wards to see them coming.

In short, I don't like getting ganked, ganking, or dominion. I destroy towers.

I play the objective, f me right?
uuffff

tnizzle84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristaus View Post
This was very uncalled for Riot. I have been an avid TT player for almost 2 years. I have grown to love every intricacy involved with strategy/pushing/ganking/warding/positioning. This new map makes me feel like you are catering to the masses of casual players that have the attention span of an insect and want to run in and die over and over again.

CORRECT this new map does inspire more frequent team fights. However, the team fights feel much less meaningful. Instead of positioning your team just right or slowly wearing someone down in a lane through superior skill and making skilled use of your environment to finally get that kill you've been trying so hard for, you are forced to run in like a pack of drunken migrant workers fighting over the last Corona. Too fast, hard to strategize, and no room for setting up ganks.

The feeling I get from this map is not that of dominion. It is more like a CoD Black Ops team deathmatch game where a bunch of kids with ADD are running at each other hoping to kill someone, dying, re spawning quickly, and repeating. the old TT was more like BF3 where you had to work with bottle necks in strategic ways, make proper use of your vast environment.

To each his own but I will be quitting this game forever if you do not bring the old TT back as a matchmaking option. I have invested hours upon hours and a decent amount of money on your company and I do not appreciate the disregard for my customer satisfaction.
love it

ND9

11-01-2012

to return clasic 3x3

Xilch0

11-01-2012

I am not thrilled with the new map. It is good in its own respects, but there are a lot of things it really lets me down on. First, wards... What would make you think taking out wards was a good idea? map awareness is a huge part of league gameplay and it is very hard to have good visual tips without a lasting way of knowing. Yes there are items that give vision, But Maokai's little bro lasts longer than most of them. He has become our little 3v3 ward maker. Yes it helps to have vision on the platforms, but this just isn't enough. Walls are too thick, I understand the thickness in certain areas... example: nexus wall. Nobody wants a Trynd flashing in a beat up their nexus without second thought. But place like Spider should be a bit more able for sneak attacks, surprise jungle steals arent all that easy to pull off in the first place and have provided summoners the challenge of predicting and countering, putting more strategy into the fight than just SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH. I don't want to play a game to smash and be smashed... not fun. More brush, I'm pretty sure there isn't much brush due to there being no wards (ahem), but if we have our ward... we should have brush. Traps are a very good way to win a fight, be it leading or them triggering it on their own. Several champions have very good trap strategies that are mostly lost on this map (Teemo and Shaco in mind). Giving us brush is giving us opportunity. Spidah too Stronk, That dude kicks the teeth out of anyone who gets in a fight with him, you wanted to make him like Baron, and you gave us Barons father (the angry disproving father). Fighting there has led to the complete and total death of both teams several times that I've seen, to duel by him is complete suicide, nerf please. Lastly, spawn turret length... I know it was an issue with luring minions into spawn, and people like Volibear or Singed could just toss you in, but the range is too far back. I can be running for my life, going to the place I can be safe... and yet not even spawn can protect me. I suggest moving laser to third step from bottom is where it shoots, then the opening int by nexus and you would have to work to lead minions or have very good placement to toss someone in. That being said... there are good things about this map. It is very original and the capture points make gameplay a unique and fun challenge. The lane distance being shortened has made it much easier for people to come and aid their team without the feeling of always needing a Shen. The map doesn't need to be trashed, but Twisted treeline needs to be brought back. Make this the Shadow Isles, that's where the spider is from anyway. and give us back TT, just make nexus wall thicker to keep out those pesky Tryndamere's.

AgentSquish

11-01-2012

in the stats at the end of the game there is no column for Shrines Captured. seems like something that should be included

2ezmom

11-02-2012

Riot, please give the option to choose which map of 3v3 you want to play, I find no reason to remove the old and classic Twisted Treeline map, PLEASE give us the option to choose which map you want to play for ranked or normal match. A large part of the community liked the classic old map, I'm not sayin that the new is not good, but given the option to choose what map de you want to play, just read the comments to realize that the large majority also wants this. Please, make it happen.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read our comments and opinions!

MasterMoses

11-05-2012

Hmm I get that the point in the remake was to make the games shorter but with some of the item changes its hard to make a come back if either team gets an early lead.
You can see why most team comps are of bruiser tanks.

Northern Rage

11-17-2012

Hi All,

I don't know about you, but what I'm wondering is....

Since there's been such an awesome renovation to the Twisted Treeline, will there be a re-creation of Summoner's Rift?

Clamon

11-19-2012

A lot of people complain but in a few months everyone will realize this change was for the better. There are very few things Riot changed over 6 months ago that people STILL regularly complain about. PEace.

Ryssen

11-20-2012

Guys this twisted tree line sucks Sorry Riot but I don't like it :/