Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please dealy new TT map.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sullla

Recruiter

10-25-2012

I still fail to understand why Twisted Treeline had to be taken out of the client to add this new map - it should just be a new map called "The Shadow Isles". We're not limited to just four maps, there's no reason why content has to be removed to put more content into the game. And please don't quote some nonsense about splitting the player base; League has over 30 million players. I think it can handle having five map choices just fine.

But if you absolutely had to replace Twisted Treeline with Shadow Isles... seriously, right now? This patch? With Season Two ending in a week? What were you guys thinking?! Our 3s team fortunately hit Gold rating last week, and we have been strategizing about how to get to Platinum in the remaining few days. Now we have a totally new map that plays nothing like the old Twisted Treeline, and our practicing is completely useless. Couldn't this map have waited until after Season Two was over?

I like Riot as a company, and I appreciate the new additions in patches, but this... this don't make no sense!

Kari Arisu

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Quote:
Drevsh:
1. More Viable Team Comps

IMO, the best team comps right now are the ones that can abuse the new items.
Any AP that can truely abuse Blackfire Torch is godlike. Bruisers that can abuse Blade of the Ruined King, sorta-but-not-as-much.

Itemization actually made the old OP champs on TT even more OP.
Singed, Rumble, Riven, Teemo, etc. They're all REALLY GOOD with the new items. So good that I wouldn't want to pick champs that can't abuse items like they do.

Quote:
Drevsh:
2. An Improved Jungle

No qualms here. I'd like to see some more BUFFS and actual OBJECTIVES, but the new Jungle is still pretty 'kay. Altars suck though.

Quote:
Drevsh:
3. Shorter Game Length

I can't care either way. I just want games to be fun, regardless of time.

Quote:
Drevsh:
4. New Neutral Objectives

Altars. Suck.
I actually think it's the opposite of what this guy is saying though.
If you lvl 1 teamfight and cap both altars, you're opening yourself for the other team to take both of them back and dominate you. There is no counter-play to having your altar taken. You can try to defend it, but you won't really be able to stop them until super late game where they don't matter anymore.

ShockingBacon

10-28-2012

I actually like the new layout of the map, That giant wall on top made it too easy to escape. now like in a 5v5 you have hope of chasing. the spider I like it. The altars are meh... It's a cool concept and all but i think something better could be made in it's place. the speed buffs i'm unsure if i like or not.

those are my thoughts

MrJimmie Rustler

10-28-2012

IMO what they should of done for the altars is that, instead of Locking the altar for a time and then opening it for the other enemy to lock, reset the altar to neutral after the cap timer, so that the original cappers have another opportunity to re-lock the altars.

At the moment it's just a game of altar swapping since if you defend the altar, you can't re-lock it at the moment.

56EDHk2Jyy

10-28-2012

Add BOTH twisted treeline! There's no need and no sense to remove the WHOLE OLD twisted treeline as there are many different strategic ways to play them.

!! Add both - be fair to your community !!

Infirc

10-28-2012

Quote:
PrinceVert:
One of the things I noticed is that they wanted more quick matches but guess what: 20 mins can pass and not a single turret will be destroyed because 90% of the people attentions are altars

Priorities on new TT

90% Altars
5% Lanning
5% Turrets

That's their own fault (player fault) imho if they are getting an altar fine, we are geitting spider or pushing thier base, i won't say the difference of the altars isn't noticeable ebcause it is in ranged ad characters but meh they take 19 seconds to capture, 19 seconds i could be using to push a base or get vilemaw, specially since people are so fixed on standing together on the altars so that you know where they are for those whole 19 seconds.

HAd a 46 minutes game eysterday, lost because my team was fixed on getting altars and Nexus turret regenrreation gets to ridicolous levels past some treshold, and because my team was so fixed on getting the altars and dying there that the enemy team just ignored it and sneaked a lot of vilemaws, sometimes in reverse killed them then went for vilemaw, and i was like, man those altars ar enot enccessary!!; theya re at vilemaw!! but no one followed :S.

Bshootingu

10-28-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
1. Give it some time and wait for some experimentation. I've heard wildly varying reports about champion viability, but my own experience through testing has been that you can use a much larger variety of champions now. Try Caitlyn, AP Janna, or Xerath, for example. All three would have performed poorly in the old TT, but due to various changes, are now quite viable.

2. The idea behind an easier jungle was that it shouldn't be a full-time job. If you go into the new jungle with the mentality that you'll need to bring Smite and a full complement of jungle-specific rune and masteries, you'd come overprepared. But that's the point! When you only have three players on a team, you want to reduce limitations as best as possible; the best way to do this is to reduce the barrier of entry on the most restrictive role. That's not to say Smite is useless. While you can certainly jungle without Smite, Smite does increase your jungling speed by a good bit and help you with invading. As far as neutral strength goes, we're still tuning that.

3. The death timer is only reduced down in the early levels (i.e., from the old 20 seconds at level 1 to 13 seconds). This is another point that's received a huge variation in feedback, so we're monitoring it closely. It will need tuning.

4. I actually agree with the snowball factor here. We're looking into ways to alleviate this.

Also, I don't know what you mean by Shaco being useless. He's one of the few champions that can jump over the Speed Shrine and Vilemaw walls.

First of all all three of your listed previously useless champions were perfectly viable in the right hands. It isn't our fault scrubs had trouble on our map, they get dominion. The entire play style of twisted treeline was indeed, not for everyone, but that doesn't mean remove the map entirely and replace it with something that has no similar play style at all.

The new jungle, again, ruins what made Twisted Treeline special. It was almost always played with an Ad carry/Bruiser, Tank, and Ap carry. Now it is Bruiser, Bruiser, Ap carry.
The fact that now every team would be stupid not to have a jungler means you have effectively ruined everything that Twisted stood for. Between jungle ganking and scrambling every 90 seconds to get the capture point laning is practically non existent.

Add to that, that wards are now removed and certain items are blocked (effectively f**king up a decent number of builds) and you have one heaping disappointment of a map REPLACEMENT.

Honestly you probably worked hard on this map, but it isn't even close to what the true fanbase of twisted treeline was hoping for or expecting. I don't see any reason at all for you to not just have both maps, considering a fair chunk of your playerbase played league solely for old Twisted Treeline.

swishman

10-28-2012

im so in support of this thread like especially the death timers they are so pathetically small now u cant accomplish anything in that time

Haeval

10-28-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
1. Give it some time and wait for some experimentation. I've heard wildly varying reports about champion viability, but my own experience through testing has been that you can use a much larger variety of champions now. Try Caitlyn, AP Janna, or Xerath, for example. All three would have performed poorly in the old TT, but due to various changes, are now quite viable.

2. The idea behind an easier jungle was that it shouldn't be a full-time job. If you go into the new jungle with the mentality that you'll need to bring Smite and a full complement of jungle-specific rune and masteries, you'd come overprepared. But that's the point! When you only have three players on a team, you want to reduce limitations as best as possible; the best way to do this is to reduce the barrier of entry on the most restrictive role. That's not to say Smite is useless. While you can certainly jungle without Smite, Smite does increase your jungling speed by a good bit and help you with invading. As far as neutral strength goes, we're still tuning that.

3. The death timer is only reduced down in the early levels (i.e., from the old 20 seconds at level 1 to 13 seconds). This is another point that's received a huge variation in feedback, so we're monitoring it closely. It will need tuning.

4. I actually agree with the snowball factor here. We're looking into ways to alleviate this.

Also, I don't know what you mean by Shaco being useless. He's one of the few champions that can jump over the Speed Shrine and Vilemaw walls.

1. I've seen Cait, Xerath, AND Janna do very well on the old map. I've seen them do terribly on the new map, though. I've never seen or heard (so far) any team comp that wins against a bruiser team (unless they're also bruiser teams).

2. You did it wrong, if that's your goal. You can clear all the minions on your side at low levels and still get back to defend your turret, even if there are 2 of the enemy pounding non-neutral minions with auto-attacks/spells. Smite makes this even MORE possible. What it turns into is a farm-fest, just like some people tried doing in the old TT. SO if you were trying to avoid that, you did it wrong.

3. No real comment. It doesn't matter what the timers are, etc. If you have mundo, you win because you will get to late game with the shorter respawns.

4. Agreed. Snowballing.

5. Please tell me why you took off the old TT.

6. Please tell me why you took off the old TT.

7. Please tell me why you took off the old TT.

8. Please tell me why you took of the old TT.

9........ you know.

@ RiotNome