A Compilation of Player Opinions put into a Constructive Perspective

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaos of Exodia

10-27-2012

So I made this post on an earlier thread that's already made it to page 4, and I really wanted to add more on from player opinions and more that I have personally developed:

These are the things that I think could be re-considered or looked upon...

1: The Twisted Treeline BETA map is too small. I don't necessarily think this could be improved by enlarging it, but placing more routes of escape. At current, there is only 1 real pathway through the center of the map, and this makes it very hard for your normal ranged mega-kiters to be able to weave their way out of a sticky situation... even if skilled.

2: On top of point 1, I think with the improvement of jungle routes and more routes to use, wards should be put back into the map. For champions like Lee Sin, Katarina and Jax, they all use wards strategically for planned escapes in the event that things don't go their way. This takes their competitiveness down and makes them less viable picks unless your other 2 team mates take bruisers to remove some of the target from yourself.

3: The new item "Blackfire Torch" is way too strong, and is giving champions like Brand and Singed a complete advantage 1v1 and team fight wise without having to build much more damage on top, meaning they can counter much more effectively and in turn, dominate the game. Instead, I think the damage could be scaled on ability power to a very low level, rather than a flat 5%. Stacked with Brand's passive and this item, Brand's skills now deal 7% flat max health every time they hit an enemy. Way too much.

4: In addition to more routes, the jungling process in the Twisted Treeline could be improved by adding more camps, and perhaps even Red buff back. This can still initiate those really early and intense jungle fights, and give an upper hand to the successful bruiser or AD champion.

5: AD Bruisers are dominating the Twisted Treeline more than ever. They are able to build so tanky, they just sustain the damage over time so they end up winning a fight in the end anyway.

6: With the addition of the new item "Lord Van Damn's Pillager" (I think that's it's name), champions like Rengar, Talon and Garen are becoming WAY too strong.
Take this for example......

I played Rengar 4 times in a day.
I played Rengar with a 25 Armor Penetration rune build + Armor + MR
I played Rengar with a 21/8/1 mastery page speced for Armor Penetration and AD + Armor + Flash CD Reduction

I played Rengar by building the following items:
Beserker's Greaves
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Lord Van Damn's Pillager
Brutalizer
Last Whisper

With all of these items (this is an estimate, I can't remember exact values), I had these stats:

290 Attack Damage
101 + 50% Armor Penetration

In other words, a tank could be annihilated VERY easily.
Oh and FYI, I lost only 1 of those games, and only lost it to a 1500 lag spike. (Last 2 games I had 6 kills by 8 minutes)

I believe these same results can be achieved with Garen as well.
I think this could be improved by using a similar method as done with "Chalice of Harmony" & "Athene's Unholy Grail", where only one item will give you the flat armor penetration and can be stacked with Last Whisper, but not another Brutalizer and LVDP.

7: There is too much time spent out of lane in these "jungle fights" and is sort of taking away the laning phase a tad too much. As much as the heated jungle fights are fun, they shouldn't be happening all the time. You should still be able to spend time in your lane to farm up and build items to really make those fights heated when the time comes that you have a few items and are really ready to get it on!

This could be improved by extending altar lock times, as 90 seconds is a small gap and therefore draws players to the jungle very easily to protect their altar.

8: Vilemaw is a tad too strong. Not saying one person should be able to solo him, but when you've got a Randuin's and a Sunfire behind you with 2.5k health, I'm saying it shouldn't get anywhere near killing you and it does. I'm not sure what fix RIOT would have for this if they thought it necessary, but I'm sure there is something that could be done about it, if they think it could be a problem?

9: Jungling is a very big 50/50. Every game I played jungle, I found myself trying to separate my time between ganking lanes and jungle efficiently, but when there is no jungle creeps up to farm and your lanes are pushed, you are really left with no windows to make efficiency of the time you have. Therefore as I mentioned earlier, I think more jungle camps would even out the timing between ganking lanes and farming without wasting time inbetween and somewhat being forced into GP10 to keep gold flow.

bandaidsaregood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Awesome, well thought out summary.

Zephyr Skychaser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

bump

Chaos of Exodia

10-28-2012

Bumping for relativity and more views to add opinions.

Panoodle

10-28-2012

Agree'd with everything.

Zephyr Skychaser

10-28-2012

bumping because I still agree with this