Farewell Rengar, you have been Urgoted...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sushiko

10-25-2012

Rip

OG Skywalker

10-25-2012

Lol. U liked him because he was the greatest. So great he didnt have to build items to go legendary, u dont truly love him, ill tell u that right now. U love being legendary, Have u already urgotten the feelings u get pressing r with darius? rengar is the basic champ riot brings out every 2 weeks op as **** sell sell sell, nerf nerf nerf. Urgotten.

Nularia

10-25-2012

I don't even see what's wrong with Rengar, people called him OP, yet I've horribly lost games with him, and horribly stomped enemy rengars.

The definition of OP means it's unbalanced to the point it's completely unfair, if it was completely unfair, why could I lose? Why could I curbstomp Rengar? It just takes bloody knowing how to deal with assassins :|

Ic3ni

10-25-2012

This is just terrible...
I now need to find another ban champ -.-

CaptnJakSparrow

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlich View Post
The regen is just to curb his top lane sustain some. The ult cd increase kind of hurts, but won't break him since the rest of his kit will be untouched. So let's talk for a second about the necklace, since that seems to be a big deal to you.

Before nerf, 10ad +2/lvl.
After nerf. 2/lvl.

You compare it to pickaxe (which is a laughably inefficient item), but set your level comparison to 6. That's way to early anyway. If you're rushing necklace, you're doing it wrong. Let's explore this just a bit more.

800g for necklace. Level 10 = 20 AD.
Longsword: 10 AD for 415g. Pretty similar in efficiency, except that necklace comes out ahead in another level or two.
Pickaxe: 25 AD for 975g. At level 12, you get 1 less AD for 175g less.
B.F. Sword: 45 AD for 1650g. At level 20, you get 5 less AD for 850g less.

I'm not sure how you think the item is inefficient. Lane phase usually ends around level 8-12, and that's a good time to pick up the necklace, since your stacks will come in rapidly once the team fights break out. Speaking of which...

3v3 team fight breaks out in mid with both team's top, mid, and jungler. Everyone dies (somehow). Rengar gets +2 stacks in total. +3 if he survives and enemy team loses all 3. Even in a 2v1 or 2v2 at top, he still gets +1 as long as even one enemy dies and he does not. In a 5v5 (very common), he will almost always come out ahead as long as his team doesn't get totally dominated. So building stacks is super easy compared to other snowball items, and he doesn't even really get punished for dying with it--unlike other snowball items. It's also cheaper than all the other snowball items.

If anything, I think the base AD was the least of the concerns with this OP item. It should cost more and/or lose at least 2 stacks/death. I hesitate to say 3, because a lot of Rengars already don't buy it, and that might push it into the "no buy" category entirely... but 2/death says they have to consider carefully if they can afford to die in team fights, or buy the item in the first place.

TL;DR: These nerfs to Rengar are quite minor in reality, and he will still be a very viable champ. Since the (small nerf) to the necklace only effects Rengar, players can still just opt not to buy it in favor of something else to completely dodge that particular nerf altogether.

I don't really play Rengar. But; I didn't know in this game you could reach level 20. Mind enlightening me? Lulz.

turrdfergason

10-25-2012

You know, I was going to buy Rengar this morning........ I woke up and the servers were down, so I read the patch notes........OMG

They totally destroyed this guy. I know he was slightly overpowered but man the stealth nerf makes him almost useless in TF now. 5 seconds isnt enough to hunt anyone. The bonetooth nerf basically makes that Item useless especially in the jungle.

Guess Ill just get Shen and call it a day

turrdfergason

10-25-2012

Oh wait rengar stealth. Let me just walk 2 steps , Hey there he is!

Ireliateyou

10-25-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZcBl...eature=related

Nerfs are warranted.

ChromeFalcon

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrdfergason View Post
You know, I was going to buy Rengar this morning

I know he was slightly overpowered
Which is of course, why you wanted to buy him in the first place.

Guess you're out of luck.

lxxwj

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
I agree, but I could've done with just the ulti nerf. That's the thing that gives me the most trouble.