WCG Grand Finals Semi-Finals info

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

orime

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeheusch View Post
For information, during WCG European qualification, Fureur beat SK in upper bracket semi-final then SK win lower bracket semi-final and final. So both team lost 1 round to the other and, for me, both teams deserved to go to WCG.

(Indeed, I think that Fureur lost only because there were not enough prepared because there were to confident).
Fureur went into a bad phase after they got beaten for the WCG qualification. They didn't play seriously for sometime and there was a leaver (he joined team aAa).

According to go4lol tournaments, the european scene is not (or no longer) dominated by two teams as some claimed it was the case. There is quite alot of teams that can pretend for the throne (IR, aAa, SK gaming, topELO, fureur, IV) and another good bunch that are good enough to be a threat to those (3DMAX, Dimegio, TT, A-team), must have forgotten some on the way.

Honestly, go4lol made europe competitive play develop lightning fast since the WCG qualifiers. I don't know if such an event does exist for the NA scene, but if it doesn't come true fast enough, the european scene will step forward, because they will just have much more training and a much larger size.

On a final note, I expect the go4lol monthly cup (oct. 6) to be much more competitive and interesting than the WCG qualifiers.

Melanchior

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited Edition View Post
Isn't like more than half the CLG team Canadian anyways?
3/5 Canadian.. Clearly Americans love to think that North America belongs to the USA

Sagata

10-02-2010

I would like to note, that Another Story was one of the worst teams I have ever seen. And for a championship, I don't even know how they managed to make it into it. That Blitz was just terrible. Like, I couldn't help but laugh at everything he did. A ****ing terrible team.