Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpaceSage1991

10-24-2012

Hey guys, got a question here..

The Riot Employees have bad ass looking avatars while I have the Riddler as my avatar....

I want a bad ass avatar too..

Riot please, how can I have a bad ass avatar? =P Even if the avatar was an orange I would be k then..

SpaceSage1991

10-24-2012

Bump

SpaceSage1991

10-24-2012

Bump....

KM90

10-24-2012

It would be nice if one could upload one's own avatar to the game. I mean loading up the thumbnail file takes what, two seconds or less? :l

SpaceSage1991

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM90 View Post
It would be nice if one could upload one's own avatar to the game. I mean loading up the thumbnail file takes what, two seconds or less? :l

I totally agree! That would be awesome. EDIT: Though I see what riot is doing here, They are making a set amount of avatars so that they can control the game making it sutiable for people of all ages to play.

Also...its just when ever I look at someone on the forums it takes a while for me to try and refind them again because everyone has the same avatar! It sorta makes everyone feel....kinda dull. =<

SpaceSage1991

10-24-2012

Bump

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-24-2012

I'll get around to answering this when I have time to compose my thoughts. Bumping every few minutes doesn't help you get an answer faster. (In fact done enough, it can result in a suspension/ban from the forums.)

Edit: And to clarify, I don't work for Riot, more on that later.

SpaceSage1991

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
I'll get around to answering this when I have time to compose my thoughts. Bumping every few minutes doesn't help you get an answer faster. (In fact done enough, it can result in a suspension/ban from the forums.)
Sorry, and sorry for this post now. Wont happen again....after this sir...

Nice avatar by the way.. =)

Edit: *Confusion*

Edit Edit 1:15am: Also I do know that it sure, it doesn't get my answer faster and yes it can result in a ban. I only bump it because it is a good question and I just don't want it to disappear off the list. This game as been out for quite a while and I understand why Riot would not let people just bring in an avatar of their own. Its just... why not make the forums a bit more interesting? More importantly such as whats up with the two orbs on the side of the avatar? They just going to chill there? I'd love to see some changes on the fourms aside from advatars. I mean why not? Riot makes improvements to the game all the time. I play league almost everyday and I love it when they release and improve new things, so why not put more interesting features to user activity on the fourms?

Also I do know the term- "If it isn't broken then don't fix it." would be perfect for this senerio but hey. If I don't ask I'll never know.

Kiragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSage1991 View Post
Hey guys, got a question here..

The Riot Employees have bad ass looking avatars while I have the Riddler as my avatar....

I want a bad ass avatar too..

Riot please, how can I have a bad ass avatar? =P Even if the avatar was an orange I would be k then..
You cannot manually change your image although there's a few exceptions;

Wrenchman - These have gold names and a gold toolbox. These are technical helpers of the community forums.
Emissary of the League - These have a green head thing and a green name. These are general helpers of the community forums.
Adjucator - Purple head and purple name, these have been in the community since early closed beta and continue to report feedback.
Council - Top ELO players who constantly report feedback on the competitive state.
Riot Staff & Development - They choose what they want.

Hope that helps some.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I liked Runescape's forum avatar system, which was done by taking a picture of your ingame character.

Perhaps a similar system, using champions or skins you own as your avatar, would work here? Maybe just the headshot icon? Beats the grey question mark =P