Lord Van Damm's Pillager

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moun7

10-24-2012

I'm just curious as to why it has spell vamp. I might just be missing a game mechanic and if so I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me. Thanks

NN LiTTLE

10-24-2012

It's itemized for AD casters. Pantheon and GP for example. Neither of them get lifesteal on their q's, BUT, spell vamp works for them. So, Panth and GP q's will now have lifesteal

Moun7

10-24-2012

Oh really?? That's weird, I was under the impression that normal life steal would work for AD casters because...well...it makes sense.

Thank you by the way.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

GP Q's don't life steal already? I thought they applied all on hit effects, like Fiora ulti.

Cuppycakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

GP at least gets lifesteal on his Q, as it is physical damage.

The main thing is that 'spell vamp' literally just means Any ability damage, magical or physical, will return life to the caster.

Moun7

10-24-2012

So if I understand correctly, basically, life steal only works on auto attacks while spell vamp is used for everything else.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-24-2012

No, spell vamp only works with magic damage and IIRC spells that are physical but do not apply on hit effects only.

Life steal only works on physical damage and with onhit effects such as Ez and GP q's.

EDIT:
To clear it up, life steal works on GP Q's and not Panth because Panth Q's do not add on hit effects. So while Panth Q may be physical damage, it can not life steal.

Moun7

10-24-2012

Ok I understand now. Thank you very much.

Akumis

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
No, spell vamp only works with magic damage and IIRC spells that are physical but do not apply on hit effects only.

Life steal only works on physical damage and with onhit effects such as Ez and GP q's.

EDIT:
To clear it up, life steal works on GP Q's and not Panth because Panth Q's do not add on hit effects. So while Panth Q may be physical damage, it can not life steal.
Please don't spread misinformation, as you are incorrect. From league wiki: "Spell vamp is a magic stat. The spell vamp works as a counterpart of life steal, but instead of regenerating health based on autoattacks, the regeneration of health is based on damage done by champion abilities. It works off of activated item effects, summoner spells, and abilities, regardless of the type of damage done."

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_vamp

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumis View Post
Please don't spread misinformation, as you are incorrect. From league wiki: "Spell vamp is a magic stat. The spell vamp works as a counterpart of life steal, but instead of regenerating health based on autoattacks, the regeneration of health is based on damage done by champion abilities. It works off of activated item effects, summoner spells, and abilities, regardless of the type of damage done."

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_vamp

Hey chill, IIRC means ""if I remember correctly" meaning I am leaving the option open that I could be wrong and am not sure, he should keep researching it. Everything eolse I posted was correct, even the part where I corrected the GP q's don't life steal.

So don't be an a**hat, please.