Introducing the "panic button"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bushmaster

11-12-2012

There's plenty of talk throughout the forums about trolling and how detrimental it is to the community, so instead of just *****ing and griping about it and providing no real solution, I actually have a solution to present.

The panic button.

In the champion select screen, each player gets an exclamation point button next to their portrait. If every player on the team hits one person's button, the lobby is disbanded and a report automatically goes to riot saying the person was causing an issue. A few of these in a short time frame, and you get banned for a day or two. Keep being a jerk, and you get banned for a week and so forth.

This saves people who are innocent and just trying to play from having to wait for queue dodge timers because the guy that was trolling wouldn't leave the queue. I feel like riot is punishing the innocent here, because nine times out of ten, the guy that's trolling isn't going to dodge the queue, its too funny and awesome for him. All that attention and all those reactions he's getting, he's a fed, happy troll. The queue dodge timer punishes his victims that have to leave the queue because someone's being a child.

lets give the community a way to single out the offenders rather than punishing the innocent for being trolled!

AeonTek

11-12-2012

Premade 4s could just troll pugs all day

JRiMi

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serran View Post
Premade 4s could just troll pugs all day
I'm thinking this would be more for ranked BC dodging normals is still on the shorter timer. Waiting 30 min. 1 hr. And so forth us annoying

zraven7

11-12-2012

I already have a panic button. It's Sona's Ult.

Seriously, though, this is an interesting idea, but could be abused way to easily. Don't get me wrong I feel your pain. It's not fun when you get a random pick because you've spent a full minute trying to figure out what lane Mr. Silence there is playing, but 4 friends with spare time could easily just go getting people banned wihtough ever spending more than 45 seconds of their time.

???

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraven7 View Post
I already have a panic button. It's Sona's Ult.

Seriously, though, this is an interesting idea, but could be abused way to easily. Don't get me wrong I feel your pain. It's not fun when you get a random pick because you've spent a full minute trying to figure out what lane Mr. Silence there is playing, but 4 friends with spare time could easily just go getting people banned wihtough ever spending more than 45 seconds of their time.
-ranked- Is the key here, You can either solo, or duo, or full 5s. Why would this be remotely useful on a normal when there is already a 5 minute timer. With in ranked the timer is insane and if people cannot get what they would like to play, here comes Mr. stubborn. This is definitely a good idea, lots of great ideas out with this ranked issue. Hopefully one is considered and followed.

buneter

11-12-2012

I would like that because even though its annoying in normal its not detremtial and its a time to figure our if that team will work even though it looks horrible
while in ranked you can just pick any champ you want you have to counter pick and follow the meta then I have to wait forever because some guy is being a troll

Irojo

11-12-2012

I like this idea, I think it would make a lot of sense in ranked, but there is still the potential for abuse.

Misanthropik

11-12-2012

I like the idea, let's just hope you don't play with 4 trolls. ^__________^

KnightxSScarlett

11-12-2012

This idea is bad and you should feel bad.

SinRG

11-12-2012

Great idea! I can't believe how long this game has been around now and something like this hasn't been implemented yet. Now that this game is truly taking off and reaching a professional level (with million dollar tournies etc.) Riot really needs to step it up and find a way of clearing out the trolls, so all the players who want to improve and get to a professional level are free to do so without all the harassment from sad people who have nothing better to do with their precious time on this planet.

There have been plenty of great ideas like this one, Riot. Pick one! Or better yet, come up with your own. This may be a free game. But you know just as well as all of us that we throw plenty of support your way. How about some love back in return?

Let's send Riot a message guys. If you agree, show your support by giving a +1 in this thread! Time to make them listen