Champ Select calling your lane trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiiden

10-24-2012

Anyone else getting tired of the kinder garden esk behavior of the players in this game. 2 years ago people didn't troll if they didn't get their lane, at least not with the intent of making people dodge. And It was never to the degree of, "well I called it so I get and and that's how it works or im trolling".

IMHO Riots no elo loss on dodge nerf caused this issue.

Azerax53

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiiden View Post
Anyone else getting tired of the kinder garden esk behavior of the players in this game. 2 years ago people didn't troll if they didn't get their lane, at least not with the intent of making people dodge. And It was never to the degree of, "well I called it so I get and and that's how it works or im trolling".

IMHO Riots no elo loss on dodge nerf caused this issue.
It's part of the game we have to get used to it, unfortunately. I usually choose a champ that can do a couple roles because of this very issue or i'll usually have a couple of champs in mind so that if someone calls what i want to do i can go the other route with a different champ. It does suck though cuz i chose Darius one time and someone else called top and wouldn;t back down so i had to jungle. I managed to do Decent considering Darius is not the strongest jungler, he's better at counter jungling than jungling.

NoneLikeRob

10-24-2012

I think you are wrong, I feel calling your role a more fair way of doling out what you are. If you go by positioning in champ select, then the advantage goes to those who queue with others. If I am first pick and someone calls the mid lane I was really wanting to take, I give up mid lane.

Sënuch

10-24-2012

There is a difference between mature behavior; asking only once to use a lane: and immature behavior as the OP describes; spamming the chat in caps like a 5 year old demanding a lane.

If a person asks for a lane with mature behavior, then I have no problems with agreeing that the individual gets the lane.

If a person asks for a lane with immature behavior, then I will purposely take that lane myself. I will not tolerate the behavior of a 5 year old, I do not care that this is an online game.The child may rage, he may cry, he can threaten to report all he wants.

However I will be the one to take a stand, and make it known that immature behavior is not the correct way to get what you want, even on the internet. Period.

Beeboy1234

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuch View Post
There is a difference between mature behavior; asking only once to use a lane: and immature behavior as the OP describes; spamming the chat in caps like a 5 year old demanding a lane.

If a person asks for a lane with mature behavior, then I have no problems with agreeing that the individual gets the lane.

If a person asks for a lane with immature behavior, then I will purposely take that lane myself. I will not tolerate the behavior of a 5 year old, I do not care that this is an online game.The child may rage, he may cry, he can threaten to report all he wants.

However I will be the one to take a stand, and make it known that immature behavior is not the correct way to get what you want, even on the internet. Period.
I am actully quite amused by this how you are ranting about immature behavior. Stealing a lane when someone called it makes you trolling and immature and calling lanes is apart of the meta right now

Sënuch

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeboy1234 View Post
I am actully quite amused by this how you are ranting about immature behavior. Stealing a lane when someone called it makes you trolling and immature and calling lanes is apart of the meta right now
I see that you lack comprehension skills, due to your failure at distinguishing your choices between two behaviors when asking for a lane and why their results will occur. If it is the case that the immature person I had described is also the type of person you are, then as I say, you may cry, rage, and report to your heart's content. It seems as though because you fell into that category, you had become offended.

If for some reason you are a decently behaved summoner, then you will have nothing to worry about Beeboy1234, that simple. Your comment about the Meta being involved with calling lanes is not clear enough by the way. I would like to hope you do not mean that "it is the meta:" to spam the chat in caps like a child thinking that you will get the lane you want.

Feedbro

10-24-2012

"kinder garden esk"

I really got a good laugh from that, thanks.

RonniePunani

10-24-2012

Okay, so I've been playing duo with my friend. & We always call bot adc support cause that's like the only thing we can do except mid but usually someone has mid. And I'm not really good at jungling. And it bugs me how someone calls it and purposely pick the an adc or support. I get really upset like they say, well I get to pick first so... you're ****ed.. I'm just like wow. really you're really rude. What do I do? when they're rude like that, like I would troll but then again I don't want to get reported. I just feel like like if someone calls a lane first should get that lane.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

I think Riot did fine in getting rid of the elo loss on dodge. Not that it was any better really with players picking whoever they felt like before. As Senuch said, players who behave that way are acting like 5year olds. Riot has changed their policy from one of elo loss to giving them a timeout just as a parent would give a timeout to their 5 year old child if they throw a tantrum.

Thinking that calling a lane mean much of anything in ranked play isn't the meta. It's not how the meta works in high elo (they respect the pick order), you can ask for a lane sure, but respect the pick order as it's arranged based on who is better than who in terms of winning (ie ELO). Calling a lane is only the meta that comes from normal blind pick trolls who instalock a champion the second champ select starts without caring at all any of what their team wants/does.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonniePunani View Post
Okay, so I've been playing duo with my friend. & We always call bot adc support cause that's like the only thing we can do except mid but usually someone has mid. And I'm not really good at jungling. And it bugs me how someone calls it and purposely pick the an adc or support. I get really upset like they say, well I get to pick first so... you're ****ed.. I'm just like wow. really you're really rude. What do I do? when they're rude like that, like I would troll but then again I don't want to get reported. I just feel like like if someone calls a lane first should get that lane.
What you do is simply accept it. They are higher order than you for a reason, whether you like it or not. Let them play the role since they are probably better at it than you, and simply learn to get better with all roles so you don't find yourself so limited in what you can do.