Riot should have a "Create a Champion Contest"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaintPinHead

10-27-2012

I have no problem with that, by all means please do.

TheHat27

10-28-2012

I added in all of your rules SaintPinHead and I would like to say thank you and that the rules section is pretty much all yours now. Thank you sir!

SaintPinHead

10-29-2012

Hopeful Bump, Check out the new concept behind it, and give us your opinions.

Bliztron

10-29-2012

My god this is a great idea. Me need to start a petition for this!

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 View Post
While I agree that it would be really fun to have such a contest, there are a ton of problems with it. What if there aren't three champions worthy of being published? What if those champions don't fit in with Riot Design's current pipeline of champions? Do you realize how many champion concepts would have to be considered? We're talking like thousands if not hundreds of thousands of concepts that would be entered.

Also, if someone did get their complete champ concept included in the game I'm 99.99999% sure that they would get that champ for free.
Queen's Blade solved this issue somewhat. They required a character design, name, fighting style, etc.

The winner then had their character sent to one of the major artists (F.F. iirc) who did alterations to fit in with the setting.

Veral42

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lDieTrying View Post
BUMP this is how they should do it if they ever do...
Bump simply cause it's a really good idea, would be a lot of fun, and simply because Riot doesn't really interact with their champ concept forum people at all if it's not about their most favorite topic of art :/

TheHat27

10-30-2012

I'm really glad this is getting so many good responses =D
There is even hardly a point (other then the fun) of having a champion concept forum if there is no chance of ever having your champion in the game.

SaintPinHead

10-30-2012

I will say that it is a enjoyable outlet for being creative. I did notice they do comment on some champions, so I guess keep up the good work and hopefully, they take notice. If nothing else a constructive comment is better than nothing one champions that are thought out.

TheHat27

10-30-2012

While you're right, I think the most they have commented on is the thread "Riot, we need a duck" and rarely on any actual champion =\

SaintPinHead

10-30-2012

I've seen a handful, where they actually gave advice, telling on person that they tried to use a mechanic, and that it just never worked for them. I like things like that, because it gives us some feed back on what Riot isn't into, or doesn't want to use. Not that every champ has to fit their needs, because some are just fun to do.