Shadow Isles Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilentHunter

10-24-2012

Very good I am glad to see you are doing nice things to the 3v3 map. Please include in your project different maps to play like fortress, carry the flag...

Glad you are toning down the op champs.

Kemando

10-24-2012

Not sure about the Skarner nerf... his W isn't that bad, idk why you increased the CD by a whole 4 seconds.

Also that nerf to rengars ult will hurt, I don't think I'll be playing him anymore, decreasing the duration AND upping the CD? if it was just the CD that would be fine... especially because his ult is already unreliable due to the cast time.

That 1 Kool Cat

10-24-2012

so I've seen a lot of ranting about these rengar nerfs involved in the upcoming shadow isles patch and I've also noticed how popular of a character he has been since release, being a huge fan myself. i LOVE his mechanics and his feel but at the same time i felt a little abusive every game i played him, getting super fed most games with competent teammates, even after he was nerfed repeatedly. i want to open up this thread not to rant but compare opinions regarding if the nerfs are justified or over the top.

1) now lets take a look at the first thing: his health regen flat and per level. it will be halved. now this is a hard one to say is fair or not because i don't crunch numbers or anything but i did notice i always had a high amount of health. even if i seldom used rengars empowered W, if you are going to compare it to other junglers, say kha. Kha also has a heal but generally was running lower health in jungling than rengar i noticed (i played a lot of kha'zix myself).

2) his Q was the obvious broken aspect of rengar. it was just too. much. damage. i felt bad for players who succumbed to me being slightly fed getting bursted down before they could even react to flash away with a double Q. hes getting his EMPOWERED version nerfed from 250%- 200%. not too bad considering it is not a direct nerf to the skill, so i don't feel like the damage will go down enough to make it useless and i find it will still do a significant amount of damage.

3) ulti will be reduced by 2 seconds and cd increased by 20 at all levels. now it sounds bad, and yea, it hurts but it seems to me like rengar just had too much control in lane. with this nerf, cd is now normalized with most other cds and you will need more skill with timing the ability. i think the cd is justified being higher because of what it does: a 5 second stealth, enemy reveal in proximity, movement speed buff, full ferocity gain, and a free jump on anyone. this nerf is definitely my least favorite but i think it is justifiable.

4) his bonetooth necklace is having the flat +10 damage (or 415 gold) stripped away. 800 gold for a unique snowball item with attack damage per level increase seemed too much to me. it doesn't seem like taking away that small bit makes it too much of an overnerf. in fact, its now probably at the proper place now. i thought the necklace was too good to be true when he was released anyways.

so with all these nerfs, is rengar still playable? well i think yes. just to say that these nerfs weren't needed and "gg riot, rengar useless" seem a bit over the top to me. i thoroughly enjoy jungling and playing rengar so i will continue to do so. he will still be a fun champ just with more skill cap, but i think ill feel a lot better when i stomp noobs at my elo with a balanced and super fun stealth/fighter champ. hopefully this is not my wishful thinkings and there's some of you who can agree with me.

so now it's your turn. what's your opinion?

PointSoldier

10-24-2012

Does anybody have an idea when this is gonna be live?

SathraxDeprawn

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindaki View Post
Very good I am glad to see you are doing nice things to the 3v3 map. Please include in your project different maps to play like fortress, carry the flag...

Glad you are toning down the op champs.
This isn't team fortress or a shooter. This is an assault game. Those kinds of games modes would take way too long to make and wouldn't appeal to nearly enough people to be worth it. Especially carry the flag. Who would want to play carry the flag against a teemo or another high stealth and movement character? Whcih would mean, who would play without one? it would get really boring and really stale, really fast.

Va1ianc3

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth Lamperouge View Post
"Sona's poke is too good, so we nerfed her HP and armor"

Also... Glad DFG is dead. was way too good, made buying RoA, Rylai's, etc.... Pointless

i really think they just hate sona and like nerfing her cuz she's one of the only champs that can't also jungle effectively... idk, im trying to figure out the reason for this... cuz it sucks D:

SakujoSakujo

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miirik View Post
downvoting

blitz and ez just got slaps on the wrist, still banning them every single game. I don't see how 40 less health will make it so risky to initiate, as riot put it. I never notice the attack speed debuff anyways, so he'll seem the same to me.

sona never needed the nerf

no harrowing champ skins

i'm disappointed in RITO right now
all you who down vote good criticism are just brown nosers.

SathraxDeprawn

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va1ianc3 View Post
i really think they just hate sona and like nerfing her cuz she's one of the only champs that can't also jungle effectively... idk, im trying to figure out the reason for this... cuz it sucks D:
To be honst a good sona with some ap and an effective tank or ap/ad champion can be really annoying. her cooldowns are low, her support spells are pretty useful, and cause of the low cd she can just keep hitting with spells, while her ally keeps her protected. I think it's less about how the champion is commonly used that makes them change them, and more about how the professionals use them. A professional sona can make or break a game.

TheAngrySquirtle

10-24-2012

It's patches like these that make me want to quit this game.
It's like the game gets worse after every patch .

Trigguh Happy

Recruiter

10-24-2012

Man Eve was my girl i picked her for the simple fact tha i never saw anyone else then after awhile she sarted showing up evrywhere now she bein nerfed dfg taken from her and her ult guess its time for her to go back to the shadows